Hobbies, Interests without the use of a PC.

steaky360

Well, whilst on the topics of cars and hobbies. Yes, one of my hobbies is cars, unfortunately I'm not yet old enough to drive on the road. So I've decided to start building one!! Every spare moment I get, I work on it! But yes, I'm a VW nut, I love the classic VWs, 60s-70s! Other than that, hobby wise, I enjoy sports, I play rugby a fair bit, I walk my dog quite a bit...

Oh and of course...listening to music! I also play a couple of instruments...

Cool stuff mate! What ya building? (Classic VW by any chance?)

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Nah, I'm using parts from a classic VW beetle (1972 to be exact!). I'm building like a sand rail. Basically, the vw was working absolutely fine but the floorpans were completely rusted as were other parts. So, the bug was stripped and you take the engine, gearbox, stearing column and front end, and anything else that is mechanincal (not much on a vw bug tbh!). Then put it into a space frame. It'll look something like this when finished:

http://www.shining-wit.net/rick/buggy/fugitive/now/images/IMG_0006.JPG

Although sadly without panels as I don't have any :( And they are really hard to get hold of. I don't know if I could be bothered to mould them as well!

steaky360

Ah nice dude!!! I've seen them before (well not first hand, but on the magical wonderful internets :))

Good stuff, how long do you think its going to take you?

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Good stuff, how long do you think its going to take you?

Haha, I don't know...years!! The thing is, I only get to spend sundays on it (stupid saturday school!). Then holidays of course.. I don't know, maybe 3-5 years, it's hard to say! I love working on it though but it's not easy! Especially if you are the only one, it's amazing how much time you can save when you have a helper! Still, it'll be worth it and the experience I am gaining is certainly well worth it!

steaky360

Haha, I don't know...years!! The thing is, I only get to spend sundays on it (stupid saturday school!). Then holidays of course.. I don't know, maybe 3-5 years, it's hard to say! I love working on it though but it's not easy! Especially if you are the only one, it's amazing how much time you can save when you have a helper! Still, it'll be worth it and the experience I am gaining is certainly well worth it!

Hell yeah mate! Saturday school though, must be eager ;) - Good effort though mate, you should do a build blog :D

Corfate

Author Level
If i had saturday school, i'd cry as i walked there.. My saturdays are my do nothing and love it kind of days ;)

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
I know, I should! I'll get round to it sometime, probably christmas, maybe half term but I'm simply just so busy with work :( ! And Saturday school isn't as bad as it sounds. I only have one lesson, I'm with my friends and we play rugby in the afternoon. So, it could be worse!

steaky360

Aye definitely, I agree with Corfate though, I'd be crying all the way there and all the way home... and probably all the way through too! Saturdays are epic lazy days.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
It's not that bad! Honestly! Apart from the fact I have to get up at 6:20, it's fine. What more can you want than to be mucking around with your mates? Also, I get epically long holidays to make up for it, so I don't mind that much!

Marks

Bronze Level Poster
Oh please tell me it is a 911 RSR :punk: - these are such beauties :) I am also into cars a bit, rocking in a Corrado atm - but not in a vr6 tho - just a valver but still a very nice one and a daily as well - so happy moments for me every morning :)

Couldn't afford a 911 RSR, its a 928S2. 4.7L of V8 goodness.

You should head to malton on the 14th of October for the Yorkshire Big Breakfast, http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...g+Breakfast+Autumn+2012+-+Sunday+October+14th .

HonestFlames

Bronze Level Poster
You can keep your cars, I'm sticking to my cycling as my non-techy hobby.

Well, it was supposed to be non-techy, but I now know how to set up, adjust and repair just about most things on a big range of bikes.

Also, if anyone would like to purchase a brand new bicycle, I am your man ;) PCS employees get a 5% discount!