Holidays/new build

Blackdog

Bright Spark
Howdy all. Been away on holiday for a few weeks, attended a couple of weddings etc, but I'm back. Lucky you. Building a new pc this month, which I won't go into masses of detail about other than to show you a couple of components

BitFenix-Intros-Shinobi-Germany-Edition-Mid-Tower-Case-4.jpg

New case, love it. Ordered a windowed side panel and some red LED fans

760WF-1b.jpg

Speaking of fans

Everybody well? Get through the Steam sale intact? Haven't picked up too much to be honest, though I'm still not finished my Christmas purchases...

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Very nice mate, love the case! I'm a discreet fan of BitFenix, I'd love one of their Mini-pc cases.

Steam Sale wasn't too harsh, only spent about £20 in total and it was on games that I've been waiting a while for i.e. Tomb Raider, Witcher 1+2, Rage, FTL.

Is everything ready for the new rig then or are you buying gradually over the next few months?

Blackdog

Bright Spark
New machine is for a buddy I knew from school. He's just got a graduate job, and with that, a credit card, so decided to use the old addage "in for a penny in for a pound" and test out that new credit limit :) The parts have started arriving, so will be done in the next week or so.

I may grab witcher at some point, the gf liked the first one for all the "elf sex."

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I may grab witcher at some point, the gf liked the first one for all the "elf sex."

Hmmm, not quite sure I bought it for the same reason but I guess that's an added bonur. Sorry bonus.

I played it for about 5 minutes last night just to see how it looked and it was a bit meh, combat really did seem god awful and graphics weren't fantastic although I appreciate it's an old game. Already met my first scantily clad woman too... Standard.

Blackdog

Bright Spark
haha, great review! Im stuck on DDO this week, came back to the game after 18 months away, bought the new expansion pack and am grinding out 4million xp on a new life. The game has a cool mechanic whereby you can "true reincarnatre" your max level characters and play them through as another class while keeping your gear and some passive past life benefits, so theres a lot of mileage for players like me.

sted

Rising Star
Looks a nice case. Every time I look at the window on mine, I feel like I should be seeing fish swimming past. Haha

Welcome back from your holidays and other things!

sted

Rising Star
It's from Metro 2033, though I can't quite remember who the character is in the picture despite the fact I only took it two days ago. :/