Homebrew Home - Getting there

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I've been working really hard in my house. I moved in in Feb and I feel like I've done nothing so I've been ripping up room by room. Unfortunately I've ended up overwhelmed but everyone loves a challenge.

Some of you may remember that I'm into homebrew. I've got a storage type room above my garage (difficult to explain) that I've housed my fridges etc in. It was basically a full on storage room where I ditched everything I wasn't using so you can imagine. Over the last few weeks I've been working on it trying to get it the way I had envisioned. Today I hit a major milestone in getting it looking close to how I had always wanted it. Now, there's a TON of work to do, the sink isn't even plumed in, but I was pretty proud of where I had gotten to and I wanted to share.

I've got a Grainfather G70 setup that allows me to make 70L brews. It's heavy..... so I installed a crane and have a little trolley (main pic). Double stainless sink with, hopefully, the room doubling as a utility room down the line (I have the washer & dryer from my own house, current is a built in.... mediocre... unit.

Next steps are to get the sink plumbed in (Maaaaajorrrr job) and little things such as additional power plugs and blackboard paint for the fridge.

Today was all about the "kegerator"...

NgfX76r.jpg

Y3t00ok.jpg

omEbSZx.jpg

GVGb2zL.jpg

Azr25iF.jpg

qE99AW0.jpg

D

Deleted member 41971

I've been working really hard in my house. I moved in in Feb and I feel like I've done nothing so I've been ripping up room by room. Unfortunately I've ended up overwhelmed but everyone loves a challenge.

Some of you may remember that I'm into homebrew. I've got a storage type room above my garage (difficult to explain) that I've housed my fridges etc in. It was basically a full on storage room where I ditched everything I wasn't using so you can imagine. Over the last few weeks I've been working on it trying to get it the way I had envisioned. Today I hit a major milestone in getting it looking close to how I had always wanted it. Now, there's a TON of work to do, the sink isn't even plumed in, but I was pretty proud of where I had gotten to and I wanted to share.

I've got a Grainfather G70 setup that allows me to make 70L brews. It's heavy..... so I installed a crane and have a little trolley (main pic). Double stainless sink with, hopefully, the room doubling as a utility room down the line (I have the washer & dryer from my own house, current is a built in.... mediocre... unit.

Next steps are to get the sink plumbed in (Maaaaajorrrr job) and little things such as additional power plugs and blackboard paint for the fridge.

Today was all about the "kegerator"...

NgfX76r.jpg

Y3t00ok.jpg

omEbSZx.jpg

GVGb2zL.jpg

Azr25iF.jpg

qE99AW0.jpg

wow that looks amazing, thanks for sharing, bet it was hard work but certainly satisfaction in doing home brewing and also the end result.

better not show @AgentCooper he be round in a shot, and never leave

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
This is awesome😮😮😮😮😮. What's your best brew?
I don't think I've ever made the same one twice to be honest. I tend to continually have an IPA on the go, I'm pretty handy at those, but I twist them up a little at each iteration :D

lite it up with RGB and @ActuallyDenz will be round as well :LOL:

I'll get a TV in there eventually so might USB-me some RGB when that happens :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

steaky360

Nice one! How are you finding the FOB using the 3/8 beer lines?

I changed my lines to 3/16 a while ago to sort out FOB issues but I think I was just being too lazy to actually solve the issue (line length etc.)... I am thinking of changing back to 3/8 lines as it takes about 30 seconds to pour a pint (which is fine... but like... well... you know :D)

Is that a twin gas setup I see (or just two CO2 bottles??)? Are you using Nitrogen & CO2 (or beergas I guess). I'm quite jealous! I've only got a CO2 canister, but I don't brew a heap of stouts (or many other beers that would benefit from N2).

Loving the still tower also! Purely for distilling fuel I'm sure ;)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Nice one! How are you finding the FOB using the 3/8 beer lines?

I changed my lines to 3/16 a while ago to sort out FOB issues but I think I was just being too lazy to actually solve the issue (line length etc.)... I am thinking of changing back to 3/8 lines as it takes about 30 seconds to pour a pint (which is fine... but like... well... you know :D)

Is that a twin gas setup I see (or just two CO2 bottles??)? Are you using Nitrogen & CO2 (or beergas I guess). I'm quite jealous! I've only got a CO2 canister, but I don't brew a heap of stouts (or many other beers that would benefit from N2).

Loving the still tower also! Purely for distilling fuel I'm sure ;)

No issues with the lines as I bought flow control taps, which are an absolute godsend. Previously I used 5/16 through my wall cavity but getting the balance was a nightmare. The key for me is to have the entire system set to the pressure right from the off. Carbonating at one pressure then setting for pouring just doesn't work IME. I've lost soooo many pints trying to carb up to 20lb at room temp on a lager, only to then chill to 8 and try to pour at 10psi.

No twin gas setup I'm afraid. That's an empty canister next to the one I'm using. I had 2 as I kept one in the garage for the fridge and one in the loft for the draft setup. When I moved I just kept them both going. I don't brew enough stouts to justify N2 either, although it would be nice.

I distil.... erm.... water. To top up the coolant in my cars :sneaky:

Got a wine maturing at the moment (Winexpert Pinot Noir)
2 near full kegs of Grapefruit IPA (Like elvis juice)
1 nearly full keg of On The Rocks Pear Cider
1 half full keg of Strawberry & Lime turbo cider

Fermenting an On the Rocks blueberry cider right now

Plan is to distil some water and get a pear cider on the go. Then it'll be the next big brew day with the G70 again, thinking a lager this time. I'm using a 55l Fermzilla for brewing so it takes up my entire fridge. Need to get the other stuff out the way before cracking on with it :D

steaky360

Ah nice, I've got flow control taps too but never managed to get ontop of the FOB issues.. admittedly that was with my Gen1 Keezer... I've since changed it out so might give it a go again and up the line size to 3/8.

I also carb up and serve at the same pressure, ultimately, it just takes a little longer to carb up which isn't ever an issue for me. I've always got enough beer on tap at any one time. I've got space in my keezer for three kegs to be carbing up at temp whilst still serving 5.