homeplug?

manvir96

Silver Level Poster
ill first like to say a big thanks for every1 helping me choose my spec and solve my problems, and i was wondering, the tp homeplug i have is 500mbps, can the one that connects to my virginmedia hub, pair with another homeplug? because i am currently using a homeplug for my pc and my sister want to get one to. If yews will it slow my internet speed down for gaming?

steaky360

I think you'd need to get the same brand as your original homeplug... I'm not 100% on that but if you did get the same brand it should just work :). Might start to affect the connection though as its all going through the same port on the router (again I cant say for certain but I would guess it would).

tom_gr7

Life Serving
if i understand correctly, you already have a pair of homeplugs? and you want to get a third for your sister?

yes I think that will work, but like steaky says, get the same brand/model as your other one.

I would expect that if she is downloading/streaming it use some speed from you, so to speak. But say if you have fiber optic broadband, i wouldnt expect this would matter much.

Why not go for the extra homeplug, then see if you can upgrade your download speeds? food for thought?