Horizontal Jaginess on mah screen!

SOHCAHTOA

Hey guys I'm back. And I got a problem. Basically I bought a desktop here 5 months ago I think. I forgot all the specs but the graphic's card is the probably culprit, it's a nVidia GTX 460. Another thing to mention is I'm using a monitor that's like 8 years old, it's a Dell 1200x1000 (I think).

Anyway the problem? Well my screen just started flickering today, in a horizontal jaggy way. As if tiny horizontal strips of pixels just started moving sideways. It doesn't do so regurarly either, but it sometimes peaks and becomes quite blurry while other time's it's barely perceptible. Right now it's not doing it too hard since I restarted my computer but I can still see it close up.

So, it could be the monitor or the graphics card as usually right? Right now I hope it's my monitor as you can guess, but at the same time could it be my graphics card and I would be a very sad person if it was. Has this happened to anyone before and which of the two could it be?
BTW: I did check all the cables and smacked my screen a few times so it's not loose cables or loose screws that are causing the problem.

Anyway I hope that's enough information, thanks for the help.

pengipete

Rising Star
You'll have received an email when you ordered your PC - that will contain the details and a reference number plus link you can use to find the details at PCS's website. You can find what resolution you are using on that screen by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting either the NVidia display or Windowsown dosplay options.