How can I amend cpu from AMD to intel?

Tamlarr

2 days ago I ordered a system with a 5900x but want to switch to i9 12900k. I thought amending would be easy but it's not. I basically can't do it. Had anyone been able to amend an order in this way?

steaky360

You need to contact PCS directly - typically you need to cancel the AMD machine and order the Intel machine - if you contact PCS you shouldn't lose your position in 'the queue'.

I'd STRONGLY advise getting on the phone rather than emailing for a speedier response.

steaky360

Thanks, how do I pay for the revision because I don't want to give my card details over the phone.
You'll need to discuss that with PCS.

You may need to cancel your order (and get a refund) and then re-order to be able to type them back into the website? But I can't say unfortunately.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
2 days ago I ordered a system with a 5900x but want to switch to i9 12900k. I thought amending would be easy but it's not. I basically can't do it. Had anyone been able to amend an order in this way?
Why are you swapping from 5900x?

It's a very good CPU and not really that far behind the 12900k, not enough to go through the hassle of cancelling and reordering, for me anyway, YMMV of course...