How can I remove those cable management wires?

topcat5665

Silver Level Poster
I'm talking about those black ones that wrap around the wires to keep them tidy. I want to upgrade my computer, but I can't because they are all tied down... Any idea how to remove them?

Thanks.

Tom DWC

Yeah just get a small, thin pair of scissors and slip them underneath and cut. Obviously be careful not to cut through anything else!

Buzz

Master
I usually use a Stanley blade for the ones that are really tight, and just put a few slashes in it then they usually just break open the rest of the way. What ever you use you will obviously need to be careful.

topcat5665

Silver Level Poster
I usually use a Stanley blade for the ones that are really tight, and just put a few slashes in it then they usually just break open the rest of the way. What ever you use you will obviously need to be careful.

I think ill do that, thanks!

Corfate

Author Level
I usually use scissors if i can slide them under to cut. If they're too tight, i get a pair of nail scissors (small ones with a bent blade). They usually get under and cut the tie. If none of those works, off the the stanley knife :)

steaky360

Same as Corfate, scissors, then nail scissors, then stanley / craft knife. Be careful of wires (and your fingers) but the wires mostly... I've heard fingers grow back