How do I activate my Office 2019 software that I purchased with my laptop?

MikeD

I have now set up my new laptop and monitor, but am at a loss as to how I now activate my the Microsoft Office 2019 that I purchased, unlike years ago when you had DVD's I am totally at a loss as to how to go about avtivating a product that I do not even have a product key for, also where will I find my product key for the Windows 10 operating system that was pre installed, sorry for the questions but this is all new to me, look forward to any help, regards
Mike

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have now set up my new laptop and monitor, but am at a loss as to how I now activate my the Microsoft Office 2019 that I purchased, unlike years ago when you had DVD's I am totally at a loss as to how to go about avtivating a product that I do not even have a product key for, also where will I find my product key for the Windows 10 operating system that was pre installed, sorry for the questions but this is all new to me, look forward to any help, regards
Mike
Windows 10 doesn't have a key as such, it's tied to the BIOS of the computer. So if you reinstall windows, it will automatically license it by the hardware ID the next time it hits the internet.

The Office license should be either on your order page, or you should have received an email, that will take you through registering it on portal.office.com

MikeD

Windows 10 doesn't have a key as such, it's tied to the BIOS of the computer. So if you reinstall windows, it will automatically license it by the hardware ID the next time it hits the internet.

The Office license should be either on your order page, or you should have received an email, that will take you through registering it on portal.office.com
I am afraid I have no license key on my invoice and neither have I received an email with details of registering my software, so looks like I am stuck with no Microsoft Office until such time as I can get in touch with PCS by telephone.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
The Office license is digitally injected with your Windows product key. Is the Office package installed onto your machine at all?

Fuzzball

Bronze Level Poster
I bought an Office 2019 Home Licence through PCS when I bought my new laptop. It came with Office software installed, but for some reason wouldn't work when I tried to log in with my Microsoft account and register the software. PCS never sent me an e-mail or anything with my licence key.

The solution I found was to login to my Microsoft account on their website, and look at the page called "my licences and product keys" (or something like that). This listed that I had an Office 2019 Home Licence (Although weirdly it said the date of purchase was the day my laptop arrived, not the day I bought it or PCS built it.), and it let me download Microsoft Office from there. So I did that, uninstalled the Office that came pre-installed, and then installed it using the file from Microsoft's website. This then let me login to my Microsoft account when using Office and register.

Weird few hoops to jump through, but that's what worked for me.