How do I address an RMA? Being picked up by DPD in 2 hours

Zeddicus

Hi All,

Not sure I'll be able to get through to PCS before my pick up time, and I also asked this question via email to PCS 2 days ago with no reply as yet, so thought I would try the forum.

My earlier issues with a laggy keyboard and mouse (and speakers) are likely to be motherboard related (following a long call with Technical Support) so I have booked an RMA which is due for collection in 2 hours.

I'm confused as to whether I have to address the box to PCS?

1) There was no 'label' to print attached to the RMA
2) Later in the process I was advised to stick the return address and RMA number on the box, which I have done (note that the box is the original box the machine came in)
3) The latest email (advising me of my time of collection) says "Please ensure this parcel is securely packaged and the delivery address is clearly visible" - what delivery address? As I wasn't provided with a label, I assumed that DPD would be providing one to stick on?

Can someone who has been through this process please advise? I don't want DPD to arrive in 2 hours and refuse to collect my box because it's not addressed! I'm already pretty annoyed at having to send it back and be without my PC for even longer (a pain, as its my work PC).

Thanks

Z

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Hi All,

Not sure I'll be able to get through to PCS before my pick up time, and I also asked this question via email to PCS 2 days ago with no reply as yet, so thought I would try the forum.

My earlier issues with a laggy keyboard and mouse (and speakers) are likely to be motherboard related (following a long call with Technical Support) so I have booked an RMA which is due for collection in 2 hours.

I'm confused as to whether I have to address the box to PCS?

1) There was no 'label' to print attached to the RMA
2) Later in the process I was advised to stick the return address and RMA number on the box, which I have done (note that the box is the original box the machine came in)
3) The latest email (advising me of my time of collection) says "Please ensure this parcel is securely packaged and the delivery address is clearly visible" - what delivery address? As I wasn't provided with a label, I assumed that DPD would be providing one to stick on?

Can someone who has been through this process please advise? I don't want DPD to arrive in 2 hours and refuse to collect my box because it's not addressed! I'm already pretty annoyed at having to send it back and be without my PC for even longer (a pain, as its my work PC).

Thanks

Z
You should have received an email titled - Action Required: RMAs Generated For Order Number # and there's a link at the bottom of that to print off a label.

Zeddicus

Hi @ActuallyDenz thanks for getting back to me.

I've checked all of my correspondence since raising the RMA and there isn't one like that.

I raised the RMA on Monday and received the below:

1611743488556.png

I then received another email with a copy of the problem (as I wrote it) attached.

I then received an email approving the RMA (as below):

1611743604805.png

The video just shows how to pack the machine, nothing about a label...

Zeddicus

Just read the RMA help section and this is stated:

"
Once packaged, please clearly write the RMA number in bold ink on the top of the box. If you do not write the RMA number on the box, this may slow down the RMA process.

You also need to attach our address label or clearly write our address on the box so that the recipient can be identified should the shipping label become detached. You can cut out a shipping label from the "Welcome Pack" booklet that was provided with the computer."
Doh! I should have checked that! Thanks again...