How do i cancel and order?

clancy2k

Bronze Level Poster
I just seen alienware have released GTX 675m SLI M18x laptops, and i'm considering canceling my vortex III order and getting the alienware instead. I clicked on the "cancel order" tab on my account but it just directs you to the same screen as "view orders". So, how do i cancel an order if i need to

cheers.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
:0 well all im gonna say is your an idiot (no offence) if you do that, alienware support is horrible

if you want dual 675m wait for the PCS one to be released it will be much better, and i can almost guarentee that the alienware will cost probably £200+ more than the PCS version

Rakk

The Awesome
The easiest way to cancel is actually to ring up PCS when their lines are open.

It is your choice as to whether you choose to go with PCS or Alienware, but obviously a lot of regulars on these forums will have a strong preference for PCS.
Wozza is more than likely correct about the fact that PCS's PC's will be more than likely be significantly cheaper and PCS support is very good, though ignore his first comment, he's not good at not saying things that should stay in his head :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
So, what is wrong with alienware support?

The support is ok however not as good as PCS, if an issue takes place it will take you ages (it took me days) to get a response and then diagnostic. That is without considering the days it will take for you to get your pc/laptop back from them. When I had an issue with my pc I just called PCS and the RMA and collection was sort it for next day and got my pc fully working in less than a week.

clancy2k

Bronze Level Poster
I gues it's always a risk when buying a new laptop/pc that things may go wrong, on the other hand it may run perfect for years. The support shouldn't really affect whether or not you should buy it, but aslong as they do actualy fix it if something is wrong, even if it means waiting slightly longer. although, to exstend the alienware warrenty to 3 years is over £200 wich is a bit much... although still very tempted to go for the alienware

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
The easiest way to cancel is actually to ring up PCS when their lines are open.

It is your choice as to whether you choose to go with PCS or Alienware, but obviously a lot of regulars on these forums will have a strong preference for PCS.
Wozza is more than likely correct about the fact that PCS's PC's will be more than likely be significantly cheaper and PCS support is very good, though ignore his first comment, he's not good at not saying things that should stay in his head :)

hehe, im getting there, eventually.... :p

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I gues it's always a risk when buying a new laptop/pc that things may go wrong, on the other hand it may run perfect for years. The support shouldn't really affect whether or not you should buy it, but aslong as they do actualy fix it if something is wrong, even if it means waiting slightly longer. although, to exstend the alienware warrenty to 3 years is over £200 wich is a bit much... although still very tempted to go for the alienware

I agree with you in terms reliability there is always a risk, especially if you are buying a high end gaming laptop. However when purchasing a pc/laptop I do consider 2 things: customer support and value for money. As you mentioned the alienware warranty is wayyyyy too expensive and limited customisation when building your spec.

clancy2k

Bronze Level Poster
Ok, i've decided to stick with my pcs Vortex III order, will be the 8th day of production tomorrow, so hopefuly it should arrive soon!

Corfate

Author Level
:0 well all im gonna say is your an idiot (no offence) if you do that, alienware support is horrible

if you want dual 675m wait for the PCS one to be released it will be much better, and i can almost guarentee that the alienware will cost probably £200+ more than the PCS version

Maybe make a note to future employees that your people skills lack something.. ;)

But yeah, you'll be happy with your vortex OP :)

SneakyRussian

Can I just ask why you want Alienware? Cos of the design? Do you really need double gpu?

But end of the day, its only for show, any of your friends are still gonna be jealous because lets be honest - if you spend some money here as on alienware, you will get more for your bucks. More inside... after one year the stupid logo, and bulkiness of alienware laptop will be very annoying.

I always wanted the Asus gaming laptops cos i absolutely adore the vents at the back! But for £2000 I cant even build close enough to what I will get from here for 1500-1600.

Just my 50pence, cos I wanted alienware before too, and I wanted the Lamborghini Asus (still do kinda) but then.. not being able to run games cos insides are worse yet on paper seems to be ok, with looks that I am bored off anyway - no thanks. Been down that route before.

EDIT: Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.1GHz w/ Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0)
6GB (1x2GB + 1x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
500GB 7,200rpm SATA 6Gb/s HDD
DVD+/-RW (Read/Write)
Dual 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 675M SLI™
Alienware M18x Cosmic Black - Anodized Aluminum

All that is for £2100...

hah you can get extreme processor and all SSD hard drives + 8GB 1600 RAM here from PCS for that money :) But yes no dual GeForce :)

Uhm, so do we like get commission or summit from PCS for retention of possible deserters? :D

Haha and I want a discount because I am still playing around with my quote :)))

Last edited:

clancy2k

Bronze Level Poster
That alienware build you did there is less than i'm paying for my Vortex 3 lol. But yeah, i don't really need 2 gpu's if i'm honest. The main game i will be playing on it is Diablo 3, wich isn't perticularly hardware demanding.

dangro474

Bright Spark
Alienware and Dell...

My past experiences with Dell have varied greatly. On one hand if you spend an outrageous amount for their n ext business day maintenance service they will send an engineer to your home to replace what they believe to be faulty components from the result of a telephone conversation with (mostly) novice users. This may result in a quick fix, however most of the time it simply ends up being a waste of time.

NOTE: This experience was from mid 2009. I have not owned a Dell system since, and this may have been an isolated experience, but it does not change the fact that it happened -_-

• Screens flickering... REPLACE THE GRAPHICS CARD
  • Didn't help? REPLACE THE SCREEN
  • Still not working? NO IDEA SEND IT TO US.

If they had done so in the first place they would have been able to diagnose and replace the faulty inverter without wasting my time and their own, let alone all of the components they replaced.

You get the idea.

Then if you REALLY have a problem, the fun begins!

My Alienware 15x back in 2009 had a serious diagnoistic error which turned out to be a release bios version fault, however they refused to accept this. I spent weeks on the phone with technical support wasting hours of our time doing sh*t that I knew very well wouldn't work, and they still wouldnt recall the machine for repairs. I had to have an engineer visit my workplace to confirm the issue first hand before they would agree to a refund.

I owned the system for a total of 4 weeks, the duration of which was spent fault finding, demanding a replacement / return to base / refund and eventually escalating into action i would rather not discuss on an open forum.

Don't get me wrong, the Alienware machines are decent, but with the sea of nonsense you have to deal with should issues occur short of demanding a recall to base and eventually a refund, I most likely won't purchadse from Dell for a while, especially since Clevo chassis are cheaper and generally 'better'.

Compared to my experience with PCS:

• Fault appeared: "Your system will have to be returned to us to undergo stringent testing".
  • Machine sent off, returned within 10 working days with an engineer report. Fault repaired.

Enough said. Sure I was without the machine for around 2 weeks, but the end result was the return of a working product with none of the bullsh*t attached.

Don't even get me started on SLI technology. Generally it works, but the (albeit possibly limited to the chassis / series) issues i experienced with an SLI 285M laptop have put me off SLI for a long time.

If there was ever a time to have SLI over a single GPU it is with laptops, however the frequest microstutter and varying compatability from game to game (regardless of forced alternate frame rendering 2) often leads SLI to cause more issues than the performance increase is worth. I had so many problems in Metro 2033, Crysis Warhead and other GPU demanding games that I often found that playing with only a single GPU (SLI disabled by default) at 20 FPS resulted in a more playable experience than ~40 FPS with SLI enabled...

It all comes down to personal preferences and I am well aware that the majority of SLI owners have an enjoyable experience, but as a 580M / 675M can play all of the most recent GPU intensive games at 30+ FPS in maxed settings, let alone the upcomning 7970M and inevitable 680M, I will steer clear of SLI for the forseeable future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
of course, if you want dual 675m, you could wait for the model that supports it, which should be released soon-ish although i cant give you any dates

clancy2k

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for the info' dangro. Hopfuly i should get my Vortex III next week anyways, very much looking forward to it! I'm sure the GTX 675m wont disapoint.. if it does i'll upgrade to the GTX 680m when its released. :rockon:

SneakyRussian

That alienware build you did there is less than i'm paying for my Vortex 3 lol. But yeah, i don't really need 2 gpu's if i'm honest. The main game i will be playing on it is Diablo 3, wich isn't perticularly hardware demanding.

But you get more with vortex?

How can you spend more than the 2100 for that alienware build? Picking things around and not going way over top.. ie 2 ssd 500gb just not needed lets be honets, and other crap like external soundblaster extra keyboard and whatever else, apart from extreme processor, what else can u spend money on?