How do I create a vpn for streaming my steam games?

Hi so I recently tried to set up a VPN on a raspberry pi, which dint work so i tried using hamachi. which sort of worked but I couldn't get it to do what i wanted it to do, how do I set up a VPN to stream steam games/play LAN games with friends?

LFFPicard

Godlike
You don't need a VPN.
As long as everyone is on the same network DHCP will do all the work (Your router usually)
Stream Steam games? as in have it installed on 2 machines and stream from one to the other.. This is a little annoying, basically install Steam on your main machine.. Install it on the second machine on the same network, it will auto detect it is on the same network and pop up saying it is now sharing with your main computer.

You can only stream if your main machine is obviously on but also not on the login screen or locked in any way.. Basically the game will load and play on your main machine and stream the screen to your other machine. so your main machine needs to be usable.

You don't need a VPN.
As long as everyone is on the same network DHCP will do all the work (Your router usually)
Stream Steam games? as in have it installed on 2 machines and stream from one to the other.. This is a little annoying, basically install Steam on your main machine.. Install it on the second machine on the same network, it will auto detect it is on the same network and pop up saying it is now sharing with your main computer.

You can only stream if your main machine is obviously on but also not on the login screen or locked in any way.. Basically the game will load and play on your main machine and stream the screen to your other machine. so your main machine needs to be usable.

Yes I know, but what if we are on different networks and I'm trying to stream steam games from a different network?

Interesting, didn't think it was possible.
I have only set up one VPN before but it isn't that hard, but I did find a tutorial you might find useful.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/26w0b8/tutorial_how_to_steam_in_home_stream_over_the/

its not quite working I got the the point were you configure the DNS and noip.com wasn't cooperation.
Noipnotworking.JPG
How do i fix this/get it to work?

LFFPicard

Godlike
I am guessing without knowing exactly what you have done thus far, you need to configure port forward for noip. My router (BT HomeHub 5) has a dynamic service built in for port forward so I just put my noip login details in my router and it fetches the domain and forwarding info for me.

But just so you know, noip wont work unless you set up a domain for it to forward. That's the point of the service. For example mydomain.com (Exmaple) is set up in noip, then my router is set up with my noip account so my router can fetch the routing information to allow mydomain.com to point to my PC. Then I have to have port forwarding set up to point the relevent ports I want to use to my PC on the network.