how do i set a custom password?

clancy2k

Bronze Level Poster
How do i set a custom password for my forum account AND my shop account? (the fact that these are seperate is retarded)

Rakk

The Awesome
For the forums, click on the settings link in the top right hand corner of the forums page, click on the edit profile link which is down the left hand side of the screen in the 'my settings' section, and on that page is a button at the top taht says 'Edit Email and Password' - that will take you to teh page where you can edit your password.
For the shop account once you've logged in, press the 'My account' link at the top of the page and down the left hand side there is a 'Change password' link in the 'Customer section' bit.

The two accounts are seperate because not everyone who has a forums account wants a shop account and vice versa I suspect, and the shop account presumably requires more details such as address details to set up (though I can't actually remember).

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
That was my understanding Rakk. Forum accounts are ten a penny and you can make forum accounts in the hundreds (different forums of course), but you make an online retailer account when you actually want to buy something, therefore they are not linked. On top of that, there is a greater data security issue surrounding the retailer account as it holds things like address, some transaction details and the like. I am pretty sure you are free to have the same details for both, but I can completely see why PCS do not have it as standard.

And I am pretty sure, even if you do not agree with it, that the setup that PCS have (with the reasons above) is in no way "retarded"...