How do I synchronise Laptop to scan wirelessly with my Dell 305w Wireless Printer?

Tiger Feet

Silver Level Poster
I'm hoping that somebody has experienced this problem before and knows exactly how to rectify it. If anyone can solve this for me or tell me where I am going wrong, I will owe them a great deal of gratitude for their knowledge. I have tried everything to get this to work.

My operating system is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

I recently bought a new Vortex III laptop and so wanted to link this up and synchronize it with my Dell 305w all in one Wireless printer so it prints and scans wirelessly.

I downloaded the most recent driver (or so I thought).

After doing that, it prints wirelessly no problem. The trouble came when I wanted to scan a document from the Dell Imaging Toolbox wirelessly.

On my old laptop (that is a Dell) and my daughter's laptop (that is a Samsung,) this works wirelessly no problem at all from the Dell Imaging Toolbox. On this new Vortex III, when choosing 'scan' and then 'start' from the Dell Imaging Toolbox, this then brings up a message that is titled, 'Network Scan.' 'For best results when scanning over the network: - Save all your work. - Close Dell Imaging Toolbox. - Press the Scan button on your printer's operator panel.' I tried that; it does not work and that is with a USB lead connected. (Not Wireless).

I need to have it working wirelessly from a remote spot as it does with my old laptop because I am disabled. Can anybody tell me how to rectify this scenario? What am I doing that is stopping this from scanning wirelessly?

Are there some settings I need to adjust?

Thank you

Tiger Feet

Silver Level Poster
:helpsmilie:Anyone please can you answer this question??? Somebody must have had this problem before and solved it.

paul1224

There appear to be quite a few issues with this printer on the Dell Forums and getting it to wirelessly scan with very little solutions.

I'm unsure whether you re-set the software and connection when you got your new laptop but a Dell guide to doing this can be seen via http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/v305/en/ug/d0e5859.html

I would suggest setting the wireless connection up again as per the link above to see if this can make it work properly (failing that might be worth posting your query in the Dell Forums or contacting Dell Support to see if they can help further).

Last edited:

Tiger Feet

Silver Level Poster
There appear to be quite a few issues with this printer on the Dell Forums and getting it to wirelessly scan with very little solutions.

I'm unsure whether you re-set the software and connection when you got your new laptop but a Dell guide to doing this can be seen via http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/v305/en/ug/d0e5859.html

I would suggest setting the wireless connection up again as per the link above to see if this can make it work properly (failing that might be worth posting your query in the Dell Forums or contacting Dell Support to see if they can help further).

Thanks Paul for your suggestions. I have already tried the Dell forums and all the answers I have been given did not work. Plus I have already gone through the wireless suggestions as showed in your link.

Even Dell has tried to fix it remotely and they could not. I just wondered if anyone else out there had a Dell 305 and suffered the same problem in some way?

Cheers

paul1224

Ah right, sorry then as I have gone through the Dell Forums as well and there seem to be quite a few people with similar issues and although a range of workarounds have been suggested in there they seem very hit and miss.

Sorry couldn't help more, hope it gets sorted.