How do you sit in front of yours?

darksider

Bronze Level Poster
So my new machine is almost ready.... and i've been chewing over buying a new chair because, quite frankly, i've just realised i've been using a wooden kitchen chair i nicked from my mum about 10 years ago... :)

anyone else using something ridiculous? or have you folks already done what i should have done a long time ago and bought a super comfy lumbar supporting 'captains chair'?

Pete

Bright Spark
Depends on how long you plan on sitting at the pc.... Office chairs come in around 3 types
1 - Cheap - I check my email for 5 minutes a day @ < £40
2 - Office chair - few hours a day @ £30 - £100
3 - Operator or All Day Chair - "I'm a slave to the wage" @ £80 - ££££

I have a work one with a mesh back which i like a lot.... i'll have to dig up the info i had when i was choosing.

Edit :
Herman Miller always get rave reviews, i wanted one at work but had to compramise with a knock-off version from Advantage. Still was £250+ a saving of about £50 and only a 2 year gurantee compared to 8 for HM. At home and possibly as a benefit to the job cuts, i had a free chair that was being chucked from the gf's workplace.

http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/a/browse/business/Furniture-Chairs/Office-Chairs/N=2+860040/

Last edited:

Meds

I got a cheap £30 "leather" chair from staples to go with my cheap "wooden" desk. All I can fit into my corner of the living room!

Pete

Bright Spark
looks nice, like you say anything would be an upgrade. you'll have to test it out with a good gaming sesh for a few hours - not WoW though, for that you need this sort of setup
setupfunny_1.jpg

Randomthom

Silver Level Poster
I have an Ikea chair with a mesh back (good for those with sweaty-back problems like me!) Cost me about £60, best £60 I ever spent.