How easy is it to swap cases?

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
If I were to buy a new case - how easy is it to take everything out the old one and put it in the new one? I imagine it's a lot harder to do than simply installing a new HDD like I did the other day!

Are there any basic rules I should take into account?

Thanks!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i have done it, it wasnt too hard.

But, make sure you do thing in the best order that is set out within the case manual.

steaky360

Shouldn't be too difficult but obviously it depends on what case you are moving too!

If you've chosen a smaller acse for whatever reason it may be much more difficult to fit stuff in than the previous case was. As tom says just take your time and it shouldn't be too bad.

Also take anti-static precautions (touching bare metal part of the case etc.) so you don't mess any components up!

BarryLlewellyn

I do it quite a bit. Its pretty easy to be honest. Just make sure you plug everything back in afterwards, and do stuff like the psu first, so you don't end up hitting off the mobo and stuff when putting it back in. :) Also, if you think you'll do something wrong when putting it into the new case, video yourself dismantling it so you'll know how to put it back together again. Have fun!