How exactly does an item not being in stock affect lead times?

So I recently ordered a PC with these specs:

Fractal Meshify C
Ryzen 5 3600
Strix B450-F
2X8GB Corsair DDR4
GTX 1660S
1TB Samsung QVO SSD

Upon ordering, I was informed that the case and motherboard were not in stock but would be in stock on 01/06 and 05/06 respectively. My order has since been processed and is in pre-production. I'm familiar with how PCS lead times work, but how does an item not being in stock affect them? For example, if lead time is ~16 days, do those 16 days (or at least 12 days, excluding the processing time) start from when all your parts are in stock? And, because I've changed my order so many times, I lost track of when other items will be in stock? Are any other parts that I listed not in stock?

j.conquer

So I recently ordered a PC with these specs:

Fractal Meshify C
Ryzen 5 3600
Strix B450-F
2X8GB Corsair DDR4
GTX 1660S
1TB Samsung QVO SSD

Upon ordering, I was informed that the case and motherboard were not in stock but would be in stock on 01/06 and 05/06 respectively. My order has since been processed and is in pre-production. I'm familiar with how PCS lead times work, but how does an item not being in stock affect them? For example, if lead time is ~16 days, do those 16 days (or at least 12 days, excluding the processing time) start from when all your parts are in stock? And, because I've changed my order so many times, I lost track of when other items will be in stock? Are any other parts that I listed not in stock?

My experience from ordering a Nova laptop about 6 weeks ago would suggest its something of a hybrid. You'll move towards the front of the queue as normal but if the parts arent around then you'll be in limbo. In your case I'd suspect that you wouldn't be that effected (seeing as the parts should be in by the time you are at the front of the queue), though still take into account the current conditions due to Coronavirus affecting logistics and PCS staff available.