How long did you wait for your PC?

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
I'm itching with excitement for my new PC, and it's only just got onto the Pre-Production stage! I know, sad times indeed. But I've seen many a story of delivery times of up to a month! Seeing as I haven't even ordered a graphics card with my rig (buy separately) I'm hoping it'l only be in Pre-Production for 3-4 days.

So, how long did it take for your PC to arrive?

(excluding you '3-5 day fast build' annoying people!) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Al.Neri

Super Star
mine took just over 3 weeks if memory serves me correctly, but a portion of that was waiting for an out of stock item. as soon as I was made aware of it, I changed my order and it went through the following stages pretty fast

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
From pre-production to sitting in my hall, 16 days. Take out 4 weekend days and you're bang on the 12 day estimate :D

Like in so many threads Raich, you have to remember that a high % of people that have a hold up/like to moan will do so on the forums. a VERY low % of people that have no hold ups/all on time/arent too bothered about a few more days never even register, let alone post :)

The wait will become unbearable at times, but just think of the many days after this short period!

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
ordered on the 22-12-2010 and had to wait till next year to get it

or more precisely 21-01-2011

BUT IT WAS WORTH IT and that's actually not bad considering it was the busiest time of the year, christmas break for the staff (lazys :p) and there were no 580s in the country or something ;), plus they had to deal with me

RichH

Gold Level Poster
Processed Date 23-04-2011
Pre-Production Date 03-05-2011
Build Date 09-05-2011
Test Date 13-05-2011
QC Date 17-05-2011
Awaiting Dispatch Date 18-05-2011
Dispatch Date 20-05-2011

and

Processed Date 24-04-2011
Pre-Production Date 03-05-2011
Build Date 09-05-2011
Test Date 13-05-2011
QC Date 13-05-2011
Awaiting Dispatch Date 17-05-2011
Dispatch Date 20-05-2011

20 working days for both, wasn't a parts shortage that i was made aware of, so just unlucky I guess

Don't forget, if loads of fast tracks get ordered then yours will get pushed back accordingly. I personally don't like fast track, as for a custom built bit of kit, the thought of it getting processed, built, tested and dispatched all in 5 days would suggest a bit of a rush job to me.

Apart from that, the wait will be worth it :)

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I'm on 11 working days, but the last 2 days have been in quality control. It failed on something, dunno what but glad it was spotted.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
@Rich. I make that 13 or 14 working days for both :)

Don't forget, it only really starts once in Pre-production, because the processing part is often out of their hands (finance/card auth etc). So from 3rd of May to 20th of May, you were pretty much bang on the money :D

Devize

From a laptop perspective, ordered 20th June and recieved 27th June and didnt pay for any fast track services so was understandably delighted with the turnaround.