How long do PCS laptops last? Lafite?

Alir

Silver Level Poster
I am thinking of purchasing the lafite laptop but I have a question:
How long do PCS laptops generally last? My brother purchased an Acer laptop over 5/6 years ago and it is still working perfectly fine. I'm hoping the Lafite laptop lasts at least 3 years but ideally many more!

On my brothers' Acer laptop: it was cheap - less than £500 if I'm not mistaken though it does run on a HDD - Hell on earth I know. Fortunately I don't use it.

Anyways, it did have 1 or 2 problems - broken mobo or something like that.
Those were all fixed by Acer though.

The laptop is currently the longest lasting laptop we know of.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Laptops are capable of lasting 10+ years if you don't abuse them. Other than a few fresh OS installations the hardware should be just fine. Normally I'd say 3 years is about a laptop lifespan if you don't over spec the hell out of it and just general ware from being carted around on the bus etc.

I have only ever seen 1 PCS laptop in the flesh and its a skyfire, it is now coming up to about 2.5/3 years and still working just fine. Gnerally you shouldn't have any issues with PCS laptops falling apart of failing any more than any other laptop.

Alir

Silver Level Poster
Laptops are capable of lasting 10+ years if you don't abuse them. Other than a few fresh OS installations the hardware should be just fine. Normally I'd say 3 years is about a laptop lifespan if you don't over spec the hell out of it and just general ware from being carted around on the bus etc.

I have only ever seen 1 PCS laptop in the flesh and its a skyfire, it is now coming up to about 2.5/3 years and still working just fine. Gnerally you shouldn't have any issues with PCS laptops falling apart of failing any more than any other laptop.

My first laptop broke in less than a year- it was a £750 ultrabook - i5 Lenovo Yoga 13. Was a crappy laptop and since I have had a terrible experience with laptops. I prefer desktops. You can upgrade practically everything in there and they last a loong time.
My first laptop had a faulty mobo - was probably made like that.

Though that's irrelevant.
Anyone else got any experience with PCS laptops? Maybe laptops that haven't lasted that long and broken after the warramty has expired?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Not really much value here but I've had my laptop for a year now and its still going great! My PC is getting on for 4 years old and also still going strong although with many components not being from the original build.

Alir

Silver Level Poster
Not really much value here but I've had my laptop for a year now and its still going great! My PC is getting on for 4 years old and also still going strong although with many components not being from the original build.

Thanks!