How long does it take to build a computer?

TheKeir

Bright Spark
It says 8-10 days, but I've heard stories of people getting it within 5 days. So, my question is, if I order my pc now (thursday 5 jan), when do you think it'll be despatched by?

Thanks

TheKeir

Xoil

It depends how many PC's they need to build. They have a stack process. One at top of pile is done first then down and down ect... If you order fast track you go straight to the top of the pile.

Rakk

The Awesome
As Xoil said its does depend how many are in the queue in front of you, and how many sneak in front by fast tracking as well.
If the current estimate is 8-10 then I suspect it'll take roughly that amount of time, ie. about two weeks, so if you ordered today, you might get it about the weekend of the 21st, though as always, that is just an estimate, could be more, could be less.

Corfate

Author Level
Took mine 9 working days to be dispatched :) I suspect they are busier now though, so like rakk said, 2 weeks ish? :)

TheKeir

Bright Spark
I ordered the PC last night and it said they expect it to come on the 17th, which is 7 working days + delivery.

I heard that they email you every day with what stage your computer is at? And how many days do you think it would take them to build a desktop?#

Rakk

The Awesome
I heard that they email you every day with what stage your computer is at? And how many days do you think it would take them to build a desktop?#

They email you when your PC goes into the next stage of processing (after pre-production), so that's not everyday.
The building and testing of the PC only actually takes a day or two, but first you have to sit in a queue waiting (ie. the pre-production stage)

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
Like me be prepared to wait if parts are un-available like the Nzxt fan controller & the duel radiator cooling