How long would it take to get a 3070 if you amend

R1Z

Hi, I have been waiting 63 working days for a 3080 and would like to swap it for a 3070, how long would it take before it is assigned to my order?

Going from peoples experience on here the 3070 wait isn’t as long so you would expect you get it sooner than waiting for the 3080.

By amending I would guess it would put you near the top of the 3070 list. But no way of confirming how long it would take as it would depend on 3070 stock.

Royhutchy

, I have been waiting 63 working days for a 3080 and would like to swap it for a 3070, how long wou
Have you heard anything since changing? I'm thinking of doing this myself, I didn't order that long ago but I don't think I have the patience to wait for a 3080 and i9 10900k, so I'm probably going to go for 3070 and an i7 10700k then upgrade when it all calms down.

R1Z

Seems like you got lucky as the 3070 is greyed out in the configurator with an expected supply date of May!! :eek:
It seems I was put on top of the 3070 queue as I have been waiting ages already for the 3080, it’s about when you placed the order I guess.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It seems I was put on top of the 3070 queue as I have been waiting ages already for the 3080, it’s about when you placed the order I guess.
Yes, @Ghosthud recently confirmed that if a customer a lot further in the queue was to swap a part for one that’s been allocated to someone newer in the queue, it would immediately go to that person who’s been waiting longer.

i_Ary

Gold Level Poster
63 days for a 3080 build? Damn. These 3000 series GPUs are insane in demand with such little stock to supply the demand, especially at this time. Hopefully things will get easier after lockdown restrictions ease theirselves. If you dont have the patience for it, you can swap to a 3070 and you’ll most likely get it quicker, although there’s no specifications on how long. For a GPU like the 3060 Ti it usually takes people 20-30 days to have their PC built and delivered with one included.

i_Ary

Gold Level Poster
It's not the lockdown restrictions though. NVIDIA simply don't have the facility to ramp up production to cover demand...I honestly don't see the 3080 situation resolving itself fully until the Summer at the earliest. It's the same with the PS5 and Xbox consoles...they are rarer than sightings of the Loch Ness monster and Microsoft themselves have said they don't expect the supply issue to be resolved before May at the earliest
Oh, right. My bad.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
To be fair, any delay on anything these days and the first thought would be "COVID restrictions". I would say that part of NVIDIA's problem was actually caused by the Chinese (and other Far East countries) being locked down early last year...production of components stopped and things hadn't caught back up when NVIDIA released their GPUs in September...combined with an unprecented demand for the 3080s, they just couldn't cope.
Think you've summed it up nicely there