How many ram sticks??

Wozzaa

Could someone explain the difference between having 2 sticks - 2 x 16GB & 4 sticks 4 x 8GB.

I've currently got 3200MHz 2 x 16GB but didn't opt for 4 x 8GB because I would like to add to this making 64GB at a later date.
So what are the advantages of have 4 sticks rather than 2?

Sorry for such a basic question.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Could someone explain the difference between having 2 sticks - 2 x 16GB & 4 sticks 4 x 8GB.

I've currently got 3200MHz 2 x 16GB but didn't opt for 4 x 8GB because I would like to add to this making 64GB at a later date.
So what are the advantages of have 4 sticks rather than 2?

Sorry for such a basic question.
Have a read of this:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I think there is more benefit to having 2x rather than 4x. These are practical benefits though.

For gaming, there are benefits noted for non-GPU bottlenecked games. Using 4 sticks with dual ranking offers a noted performance increase in FPS. This would need measured rather than having a real world impact, but it is there.

If you are happy that 32GB is going to be your use case, then 4x8GB 3200Mhz would have you covered. If you believe you may want 64GB down the line then 2x16GB makes more sense.

There will be a performance difference but it's barely a couple of % and will be un-noticed.

Also, as a side note, there have been mentions of instability with the 3600mhz RAM used across 4 slots.