How to call PCS from abroad

Yardem

Silver Level Poster
Hi,

The only phone number listed seems to be special for UK only.
Is there a phone number that can be called from abroad?

Thanks!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'd be interested in an answer to this too. PCS ship to Europe so they really should provide a number so that those of us outside the UK are able to call them!

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Assuming you have added international dialing code it could be an issue with the type of number PCS are using and the network you are trying to call from according to google. Apparently sometimes issues like your occur with 0800-0845 and 03 numbers because of conflicts between the way networks charge for the calls.

Not sure if that's the case for you but might be worth trying something like skype as that should work.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Does 00 44 333 011 7000 not work abroad?

That's the slight area of confusion, if the OP is using the +44 dialing code and its not working it could be a conflict between his/her telecoms provider and they fact pcs are using an 03 number which is a non geographic number that BT charges at a national rate as opposed to a premium rate. According to google anyway...

Yardem

Silver Level Poster
International phone calls are expensive. I would prefer to get a number that works, rather than pay for failed attempts.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
According to the list of numbers you can call via Skype, 0333 is not one of them. I've not tried +44 333 .... but I very much doubt it will work, +44 6845 ... doesn't for example.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Skype is a different animal altogether. I believe the numbers need to be enabled on their network for them to go through. 0044333 etc should work fine from an actual landline.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Skype is a different animal altogether. I believe the numbers need to be enabled on their network for them to go through. 0044333 etc should work fine from an actual landline.

I only have a mobile and as soon as you dial +44 the cost spirals. I might see whether I can use a calling card to call +44 333.......