How to Change the Colour of the Backlit Keyboard on the Vortex III

Tiger Feet

Silver Level Poster
I know this may have been answered before but I still have not found out how to change the colour of the backlit keyboard on my brand-new Vortex III.

Is there an actual program where it can be done in that or is it just a matter of pressing function keys?

Thank you

AJ_

assuming you have the correct drivers installed you should just be able to press Fn + / on the numpad (next to Num Lk). Should bring up a screen where you can customise the colours/behaviour

CEUOTC

Enthusiast
Tiger Feet download the Hotkey.zip, unzip and install, this installs the command center for your laptop.

Run it and select the Backlight Keyboad (third row down on the right hand side) this will enable you to change the colours or as suggested use the FN + / keys to get there.

Regards.

C.

kruppsy

Master
Tiger Feet download the Hotkey.zip, unzip and install, this installs the command center for your laptop.

Run it and select the Backlight Keyboad (third row down on the right hand side) this will enable you to change the colours or as suggested use the FN + / keys to get there.

Regards.

C.

I wondered about this but never got round to asking. Thanks! :)

Tiger Feet

Silver Level Poster

Regards.

C.

I tried pressing the keys you mention but I could not get the keyboard to change colour.

Have you a link for the Hotkey.zip that you mention so I can try that?

Cheers

Tiger Feet

Silver Level Poster
Here you go Tiger Feet just click HERE.

Regards.

C.

C,

I did not realise in your earlier post that the "Hotkey.zip" that you posted was a link. I think my brain froze or something :)

Anyway, I have now downloaded it and everything works a treat! Very colourful and thanks very much.

I don't know if anybody else knows or is interested but you can press Fn + Esc to bring up the control panel.

I tried to make a shortcut on the desktop for the program but when I clicked on it, nothing happened. Is there a way to make a shortcut for this program so that when you click on it on the desktop, the control panel will then appear. I say this because I am disabled and not able to click on the keys to bring it up. I have to get somebody to do this for me. If there was a shortcut on the desktop that brought it up, this would be really handy for me.

Cheers

CEUOTC

Enthusiast
Sorry Tiger Feet it will take someone with more brains than myself to try and make FN+ESC or FN+* work on the desktop without using either Java script or other programming wizardry, l am sure someone will have an answer.

Would prob be easier in Linux lol.

Regards.

C.

Tiger Feet

Silver Level Poster
Sorry Tiger Feet it will take someone with more brains than myself to try and make FN+ESC or FN+* work on the desktop without using either Java script or other programming wizardry, l am sure someone will have an answer.

Would prob be easier in Linux lol.

Regards.

C.

No probs C, I use speech recognition and I'm sure I can get a mate of mine to make a script to bring this up. Thanks for trying anyway, much appreciated.

Cheers

Tiger Feet

Silver Level Poster
Just out of curiosity, doesn't the hotkey icon appear in the taskbar for you?

Yes Pagey that works if I have the icon showing and I double click on it. Good call!

Strange though, when I make it as a normal shortcut onto my desktop and double click it, it does not work that way.

Anyway, thanks for that.

Cheers

manamal

Just on a side note to this has anyone got this working (not "hotkey" - but the usual FN + / keys way). on Windows 8?

My Vortex III is dual boot Win 7 & Win 8. all works ok on Win 7 but not at all on WIndows 8.

M