How to clean an Optimus Pro XI?

Hi!
I have a Optimus Pro XI which I've noticed has been getting lots of dust on the grills and on the fans which I can see through the bottom of the laptop. How should I clean it? If I open up the laptop to clean it, will it affect my warrenty at all? Thanks!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi!
I have a Optimus Pro XI which I've noticed has been getting lots of dust on the grills and on the fans which I can see through the bottom of the laptop. How should I clean it? If I open up the laptop to clean it, will it affect my warrenty at all? Thanks!
No, PCS have an open case policy. You're free to open it and clean it without voiding your warranty - as long as you don't damage anything through negligence.

When you do open it up the areas to pay particular attention to are the fan blades, especially the leading edges (both sides) which is where the dust and muck builds up, and where the main airflow is generated. Also thoroughly clean the finned heat exchanger right next to the fan. It's here that all the cooling is done - removing the waste heat from the heat pipes and blowing it out of the laptop. You need a good airflow through here but it easily gets blocked up with fluff and dust which massively reduces the airflow and thus the cooling.

Dust elsewhere inside the laptop doesn't affect the cooling per se, but if you leave it there it will get sucked into the fan blades and the heat exchanger and reduce their efficiency. So keep the insides as clean as you can.

:)