How to find out mobo maker and update chipset on laptop?

donmatty89

I own a PCS laptop, i was wondering how do i find out the manufacturer and model of the motherboard used? This is so i can check for any driver/chipset/bios updates. It doesnt give any model information in my order details and even when I install CPUID i dont seem to get any useful information on it.
Also do you know of any software that can do these types of update for me? I know there are lots of sofware that claim to do this but im hesitant to download anything as i know a lot of them can be a bit dodgey so wanted something that an expert recommends. Ill post a few of my specs below, many thanks in advance for your help, please let me know if you need any more information!

Chassis & Display
Vortex Series: 15.6" 4K Glossy OLED Widescreen (3840x2160) (No G-Sync)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 9750H (2.6GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I own a PCS laptop, i was wondering how do i find out the manufacturer and model of the motherboard used? This is so i can check for any driver/chipset/bios updates. It doesnt give any model information in my order details and even when I install CPUID i dont seem to get any useful information on it.
Also do you know of any software that can do these types of update for me? I know there are lots of sofware that claim to do this but im hesitant to download anything as i know a lot of them can be a bit dodgey so wanted something that an expert recommends. Ill post a few of my specs below, many thanks in advance for your help, please let me know if you need any more information!

Chassis & Display
Vortex Series: 15.6" 4K Glossy OLED Widescreen (3840x2160) (No G-Sync)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 9750H (2.6GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
It's a Clevo chassis, the model number is on a label on the underside of the laptop.

The motherboard of any laptop is specific to the chassis, they're not generically built and fit like on desktops, so the chassis is a complete unit of motherboard, gpu, and sometimes CPU as well.

BIOS updates are supplied by PCS, you'd need to contact them about that. Theres no software that can automatically do bios or driver updates.

Drivers will be updated automatically by windows 10 apart from nvidia graphics (you get from nvidia) and Clevo Control Center which you get from Clevo.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If you go to the Intel website you can download chipset drivers. I think they bundle all chipset drivers in the one download so it should only be one option for you to choose from.

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
Are you having a particular issue with your Mobo?? Otherwise I'd leave well alone especially if you are unfamiliar on how to do the BIOS software in the first place. There is an outside chance that you can brick your system if you install it incorrectly or haven't got the perfect match for the Mobo + BIOS.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Updating the BIOS disqualifies the warranty so not advised regardless.