How to get 2 monitor screens with a PC with 1 HDMI port

jpascoe01

Hey guys,

I have just received my custom PC and I am looking to use two monitors with it. As above, there is only 1 HDMI port (excluding the one for the motherboard - not sure if I could connect the other monitor to this??)

All HDMI splitters online seem to show that you can only show the same screen on both monitors whereas I’d like to have, say, Netflix on one monitor and whatever game I am playing on the other. I wonder if the normal HDMI splitter would work for this if I just change display settings and move a windows tab to the other screen?

Thanks in advance!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey guys,

I have just received my custom PC and I am looking to use two monitors with it. As above, there is only 1 HDMI port (excluding the one for the motherboard - not sure if I could connect the other monitor to this??)

All HDMI splitters online seem to show that you can only show the same screen on both monitors whereas I’d like to have, say, Netflix on one monitor and whatever game I am playing on the other. I wonder if the normal HDMI splitter would work for this if I just change display settings and move a windows tab to the other screen?

Thanks in advance!
You can use any of the display ports on the GPU. If the monitor doesn't have display port youll need an HDMI to DP cable or just a single adapter for a standard hdmi cable

Splitters won't work, you're correct they just dupliacate the same screen.