How to I unistall Office 365?

llama

Hello, unfortunately I got the Office 365 trial installed (when you choose your configuration there is not a no office option if you purchase the o.s.). I am trying to get rid of office 365, but it is not listed in the control panel / programs / programs and features.

I would like to do a clean and complete uninstall. I might want to buy 1 key of the the 2019 Professional but first I want to completely uninstall the 365.

Any help is appreaciated.

Attachments

• a.PNG
    a.PNG
    34 KB · Views: 234

Stephen M

Author Level
Sorry cannot help on the uninstall but before you pay for any Office software it is worth trying out Libre or Open Office, both free and very good.

llama

Llama, take a look at the official Microsoft removal tool, found here:
Option 2 has the removal tool.

Thanks for the help. I have already tried the tool unfortunately it says no office products were found installed on this computer. Potentially I could search for them one buy one from the start button and uninstall them one at the time, but I am afraid I would not be able to do a clean uninstall and traces of the Office 365 will remain

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    164.9 KB · Views: 242

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The amount of time you've spent on this, what about just clean installing Windows and being done with it? :)

acolwill

Thanks for the help. I have already tried the tool unfortunately it says no office products were found installed on this computer. Potentially I could search for them one buy one from the start button and uninstall them one at the time, but I am afraid I would not be able to do a clean uninstall and traces of the Office 365 will remain

If the tool hasn't found any installations, then it's not there.
What you're probably seeing is a lovely 'feature' in Windows 10 where Microsoft will generously install useful applications on your computer for you via the Windows Store.
If you're seeing other glorious applications like Candy Crush and Bubble Witch on your start menu, then you may want to disable this feature.

Settings app (WIN+I) -> Privacy
Turn off showing of suggested content. This will stop the store adverts on the start menu when coupled with...
Settings app (WIN+I) -> Privacy -> Start
Turning off Show suggestions occasionally in Start

Settings app (WIN+I) -> Privacy -> Background Apps
You may want to start by disabling all background apps - this does not break anything, it just stops windows store apps launching automagically and staying open in the background.

From there,you just need to locate the applications on the start menu, right click and uninstall.

I would put hyperlinks to the settings-app... except this forum keeps breaking them with bloody emoji's....

llama

@ Oussebon: really have not spent time on it. Has a busy week so I am just now enjoying the new laptop!

What I just did I have searched each app (Excel, Word etc) from the windows start button and unistalled them individually.

@ acolwill: I confirm after running the uninstall tool from Microsoft everything was still installed as I could run all the Office 365 programs. It just cold not find them as I could not find them under programs and features.

Hofully everything sorted now. I will let you know if I have issues in the future when I buy Office 2019 (y)

Thanks for the feedback and have a good Sunday.