Hyte Y70 Touch

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've been generally very impressed with Hyte, it's a tough market to break into, the PC case market, very hard to remain competitive price wise while having good performance.

For me the Y40 was too much of a compromise. But the Y60 ticked all the boxes.

Well they're now out with a new one called the Hyte Y70 which has a silver bullet to it

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
I've been generally very impressed with Hyte, it's a tough market to break into, the PC case market, very hard to remain competitive price wise while having good performance.

Well they're now out with a new one called the Hyte Y70 which has a silver bullet to it

well i must say thats cool and I want one

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

pre order 349.98

same price in black

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
pre order 349.98

same price in black

The screen must be £100 on its own though, for quite a high end case, I don’t think that’s bad at all. Early Lian Li’s were more like £450 - 650, and that’s when things were a lot cheaper

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
The screen must be £100 on its own though, for quite a high end case, I don’t think that’s bad at all. Early Lian Li’s were more like £450 - 650, and that’s when things were a lot cheaper

future of cases, do like the idea of an all white build with this case, pretty interesting.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
future of cases, do like the idea of an all white build with this case, pretty interesting.
I would love the white, although I'd do a high contrast build, white and black, white mobo, then black cabling, black RAM sticks with RGB, Black GPU....

Oooooo

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
imagine if you could order your vinyl records on the screen in the case while playing your favourite game,

the matrix gifs Page 9 | WiffleGif

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
pre order 349.98

same price in black

Honestly don't think this is outrageous. Expensive sure, but it's got a cool gimmick to make it worth the price.

Just a reminder the Corsair 5000T was (and god knows how but still is) £350 at launch. I know which one I'm taking!

Think the only issue for the Y60 is it's only triple slot vertical mount, which is an issue for these new chonker 4090's. Otherwise it's an incredibly attractive prospect for a high end case imo. Good they've fixed it with the Y70 now being 4 slot :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Think the only issue for the Y60 is it's only triple slot vertical mount, which is an issue for these new chonker 4090's. Otherwise it's an incredibly attractive prospect for a high end case imo. Good they've fixed it with the Y70 now being 4 slot
Yeah, absolutely, that was certainly an issue with the Y60, it was released just before the 4000 series chonkers.

The other thing I wish they'd do would be to make the GPU bracket more configurable like on the Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL where you can put it in various positions in the case.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I really like that. The airflow design looks absolutely fantastic. If the dust control is decent then I think that case could have it all. The only negative would be the limitation due to size and wanting the thing on your desk :LOL:

I love the design touches though, great bit of kit. Would like to see it put through its paces with GN to see what the airflow turbulence is like. In my head I think it should work well with the side pull and rear extract.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Just caught the end of Jayz vid. Curious to see what they have coming next, and how awesome would playing Tetris on your case be :ROFLMAO:

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
at 6.27 this creator is talking about thermals, his words were "Im not going to in depth because of tech Jesus" referring to GN :ROFLMAO:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
As much as that was a funny snipe at GN, the information he did offer with thermals was less than useless. Hottest CPU on the planet running on a couple of cores with a gaming load and then giving an indication of any sort of temps is just pointless.

I wouldn't be too worried about CPU temps personally, most would recommend AM5 anyway which shouldn't cause too many issues. The real measurement required is the case internal temp and the GPU temps in line with it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As much as that was a funny snipe at GN, the information he did offer with thermals was less than useless. Hottest CPU on the planet running on a couple of cores with a gaming load and then giving an indication of any sort of temps is just pointless.

I wouldn't be too worried about CPU temps personally, most would recommend AM5 anyway which shouldn't cause too many issues. The real measurement required is the case internal temp and the GPU temps in line with it.
It needs GN, GN are the only guys I go to for thermal tests. They’ll definitely pick this up, this case is such a branch forward in case design that it’s getting a lot of attention.