i am upgrading my laptop , processor advice :-)

hi i am updating from a Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 8750H, I know my specs say 9th generation intel , so what? is the best to upgrade to and where do i buy it??

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
hi i am updating from a Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 8750H, I know my specs say 9th generation intel , so what? is the best to upgrade to and where do i buy it??
What's your budget and use needs for the new laptop, you can't just fit a new cpu in a laptop, its all soldered in to the motherboard

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Are you talking about individual parts? The 8750 is an 8th generation processor rather than 9th. Typically they are soldered onto the motherboard along with the GPU selection so upgrading isn't straight forward.

What's your budget and use needs for the new laptop, you can't just fit a new cpu in a laptop, its all soldered in to the motherboard
budget doesn't matter really lol x

Attachments

• Screenshot (69).png
    Screenshot (69).png
    279.3 KB · Views: 68

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
budget doesn't matter really lol x
Then buy a new computer!

There's no meaningful upgrade you can do to that PC. You could technically upgrade the RAM, but I don't believe there'd be any point to doing so. You could upgrade the storage, but it's already as fast as that CPU will go. None of the other components are upgradable. If you need better performance, you'll need to buy a new machine, I'm afraid. It's still a decently strong machine, though, even though it's now over four years old in terms of specs...

Right,I upgraded the ram,and the 3 storage slots(2 x M2, and 1 x 2.5 ssd), I had it all working, but then it wouldn't boot, taking me to the American mega page appears,which is fine ,but my keyboard is non-functioning now
?????

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Right,I upgraded the ram,and the 3 storage slots(2 x M2, and 1 x 2.5 ssd), I had it all working, but then it wouldn't boot, taking me to the American mega page appears,which is fine ,but my keyboard is non-functioning now
?????
Again, there's gonna be no benefit to upgrading those things, if you want better performance, you need a new laptop.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
?????
You've likely installed incompatible RAM.