I bought the OCTANE VI LAPTOP

hasdau

Specs that I can remember: RTX 2080, I9 9900K, 16GB (2x8) Corsair ddr4 2666mhz 1TB Samsung 970 Evo plus m.2 SSD, I can't remember the rest but nonetheless now we can talk about the machine.

Firstly I did run into a few problems, the touchpad gestures weren't working but this was resolved by reinstalling drivers. Next there was the speed of the SSD which according to Samsung magician was a bit slow but according to crystal disk mark it was fine. I also wasn't able to over provision the SSD for some reason and have still have not done so but I figured so long as I keep some storage on my SSD all should be fine. Other than that There's the heat which may be a concern as the SSD and the CPU are hitting really high temps but from what I've read the CPU is difficult to cool and in being in a laptop it doesn't help much. The SSD does sir a bit hot while idle as well above 50°C unless I put the fans going max where I can get it to the low 40s. Lastly it's a bit heavy but that was expected so it's not really a problem.

The laptop runs games quite well I can run games at max settings and it'll be fine stable FPS and whatnot. Not sure take what else to say other than the heat it does it's job!

I asked for help with my issues and the customer service was great!

debiruman665

Enthusiast
There are gestures for the touchpad? I did notice they weren't working for me what drivers did you reinstall so I can get them to work for me

jeatre

There are gestures for the touchpad? I did notice they weren't working for me what drivers did you reinstall so I can get them to work for me

Did you get them working?

It took me a while and it felt more like tinkering than a straight process. But eventually installing the drivers that I got from the PCS website worked.

1) Install the driver, (my file was called 05_Touchpad_W10.zip) it is Synaptics SMBus Touchpad driver 19.5.32.61 dated 30/06/2018
2) Go into windows settings Touchpad and enable/set up gestures

As I said, I installed them and rebooted a couple of times, but now they work like a charm.