I can hear a noise through my headset

ThomasM

As my title says i can hear a noise through my headset, im guessing its the graphics card because it only occurs when i have a game open and dissappears when i minimize it, is this normal?

Buzz

Master
As my title says i can hear a noise through my headset

Can you be more specific because noises coming out of a headset, well....that's what they are for lol. In seriousness though, please elaborate on what kind of noise/issue you are having.

ThomasM

I really should have described said noise in the first place haha sorry...Its just like a dull buzzing noise, like white noise, only happens when the fans are spinning fast on gpu. My headset is plugged in at the back of my tower so it is near to the card.

Adli

Enthusiast
do you have a headset port on the front of your tower? i often get buzzing noises when the jack is not in properly or the connection is loose. try a different port if you have one, the vibrations from the gpu might affect the connection :)

ThomasM

I do have one at the front but unable to use as its got my keyboard and mouse plugged in, and the headset is the longest cable. It doesnt affect anything, i can only hear it when sound is not playing from games etc. Was just trying to confirm that it would just be a by-product of the gpu .