I got a registry error blue screen and now my laptop boots up and has a different one and is somewhat stuck in automatic repair

Keshaiv

So before it all happened i was peacefully watching some youtube and then i get a blue screen for registry error, i've had some blue screens in my past but not this one, but i let it reboot and i got "to skip disk checking press any key within x seconds" x being countdown from 10 i didn't press anything and it says "scanning and repairing drive (C: ).." but a few seconds later i get a "critical process died" blue screen. now im worried, and i get put into automatic repair [or so it says preparing automatic repair] so the screen goes black for a second and then fades into the loading animation with diagnosing your pc at the bottom for a second and now its been spinning dots for about 25 mins as i am typing this and i havent had any sort of automatic repair screen to navigate through.
before i lose all hope and am told that i have to reset my laptop could there be anything behind why this happened and a way to fix this?
thanks i'll also attach some photos

Attachments

• IMG_3923.jpg
    IMG_3923.jpg
    598.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3935.jpg
    IMG_3935.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3934.jpg
    IMG_3934.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3931.jpg
    IMG_3931.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3930.jpg
    IMG_3930.jpg
    684.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3929.jpg
    IMG_3929.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3928.jpg
    IMG_3928.jpg
    485.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3927.jpg
    IMG_3927.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 56

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So before it all happened i was peacefully watching some youtube and then i get a blue screen for registry error, i've had some blue screens in my past but not this one, but i let it reboot and i got "to skip disk checking press any key within x seconds" x being countdown from 10 i didn't press anything and it says "scanning and repairing drive (C: ).." but a few seconds later i get a "critical process died" blue screen. now im worried, and i get put into automatic repair [or so it says preparing automatic repair] so the screen goes black for a second and then fades into the loading animation with diagnosing your pc at the bottom for a second and now its been spinning dots for about 25 mins as i am typing this and i havent had any sort of automatic repair screen to navigate through.
before i lose all hope and am told that i have to reset my laptop could there be anything behind why this happened and a way to fix this?
thanks i'll also attach some photos
Hiya, can you post your full specs from the order page?

Keshaiv

hi, yes sure here it is
Chassis & DisplayOptimus Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 8750H (2.2GHz, 4.1GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 2.5" SSHD
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor1 x 120W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
BatteryOptimus IX Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema 3
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-9260 M.2 (1.73Gbps, 802.11AC) +BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x USB 3.1 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard LanguageRGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating SystemGenuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
down_right_arrow.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
hi, yes sure here it is
Chassis & DisplayOptimus Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 8750H (2.2GHz, 4.1GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 2.5" SSHD
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor1 x 120W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
BatteryOptimus IX Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema 3
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-9260 M.2 (1.73Gbps, 802.11AC) +BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x USB 3.1 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard LanguageRGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating SystemGenuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
down_right_arrow.gif
You can try running a startup repair with an external windows USB. Run the "create windows installation media" to create a bootable USB. Repair won't work from within windows, you have to run it from external media.

If that fails though, you'd need to clean install. If you're still only using the one drive it will wipe the whole drive.

Could have been anything that caused it, a virus could have deleted parts of the registry, a degraded sector on the SSHD could have corrupted parts of the windows installation. You really shouldn't be running windows from an SSHD anyway, I'd strongly recommend putting in a primary SSD for windows and use the SSHD only as storage.

Once you're back in windows, I'd strongly recommend running a full chkdsk /r on the SSHD to check for any damaged sectors, if any are found it means the drive is on the way out and needs replacing.

Keshaiv

im between your replies it showed the repair screen and im pretty sure i'll have to clean install now cause none of the options are working.

thank you for providing the link

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
im between your replies it showed the repair screen and im pretty sure i'll have to clean install now cause none of the options are working.

thank you for providing the link
As already said, you can't do a repair from within windows, you have to use external media.

Keshaiv

yes i understand. i have a usb i can use to download the windows 10 onto and then install onto the laptop is what i mean

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yes i understand. i have a usb i can use to download the windows 10 onto and then install onto the laptop is what i mean
That's what I'm saying though, don't do a clean install until you've done a startup repair. Only if that fails do you need to clean install.

Keshaiv

i tried the start up repair stuff and i had just gotten more critical process died blue screens.

also you mentioned in a msg to run a a full chkdsk /r on the SSHD how do i do that

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i tried the start up repair stuff and i had just gotten more critical process died blue screens.

also you mentioned in a msg to run a a full chkdsk /r on the SSHD how do i do that
Sorry, you're not understanding what I'm saying.

You can't run a repair from within windows, that's why it's blue screening.

You have to run the repair from external media.

You can google it, it's very easy.

Keshaiv

Sorry, you're not understanding what I'm saying.

You can't run a repair from within windows, that's why it's blue screening.

You have to run the repair from external media.

You can google it, it's very easy.
im confused wdym by repair from external media
sorry

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED is almost always a RAM or CPU issue. I would remove one RAM stick and see whether it boots. If not then try with the other RAM stick. If it won't boot on either, then using a different PC, download Memtest86 from https://www.memtest86.com/ and make a bootable USB drive using the imageUSB.exe tool extracted from the download. Then plug that USB stick in your PC and boot from it. Memtest86 will start running as soon as it boots, if no errors are found after the four iterations of the 13 different tests that the free version does, then restart Memtest86 and do another four iterations.

Keshaiv

hi,
So I recently reset my computer using usb recovery tool due to some issues I had but today I was just listening to some music on Spotify and I got a blue screen.
The laptop then restarted but while it was loading with the pcs logo it froze for a second and then blue screened again and showed critical process died.
After a few tries of restarting it and other things Inc safe mode etc. I get this blue screen in the image below any help?
(File is too large so have to send link for it)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
hi,
So I recently reset my computer using usb recovery tool due to some issues I had but today I was just listening to some music on Spotify and I got a blue screen.
The laptop then restarted but while it was loading with the pcs logo it froze for a second and then blue screened again and showed critical process died.
After a few tries of restarting it and other things Inc safe mode etc. I get this blue screen in the image below any help?
(File is too large so have to send link for it)
What were the results to @ubuysa suggedtion?