I got my pc but theres a problem

TopCat

I got my pc from pcs , i know this forum is not really the best for this stuff but i have also emailed pcs aswell about this.
my problem-
i was setting up windows and accidentaly pressed skip or something when activiate windows came up, so when set up i went to the activate windows on 'computer> properties. then scrolled down and then clicked activate windows, but i did not recieve a product key on my windows 7 DVD case from pcs, so i looked at the back of my pc and there was one so i entered it but it was not valid.
any ideas i know i have entered it time and time again it still says not valid, so could anyone help me i have emailed pcs but i don't know it they got it.
thanks for reading. and i only have less than 30 days before windows will not be genuine.

MeveM

Bright Spark
The Windows key is normally on a sticker at the back of your PC Case, other then that I don't know, you're best of giving Tech support a ring. I've heard the e-mails take quite some time to get answered.

Rakk

The Awesome
The number on the PC should be valid, normally it's a case of zero's looking like O's that cause problems, or possibly other characters can look similar to each other (and yes, looking round the back of a PC with a torch cos it's half under the desk does make it a lot easier to accidently misread it :):))

onlynik

Enthusiast
Every time I do this, and every time I get it wrong! Why won't I learn! :D

Type it in to a text file and save it somewhere so that you can copy and paste it.

I get my keys from Microsoft so they are available on teh internet and I can copy and paste them from there.