I need a solution for quick restore

Yardem

Silver Level Poster
Hello,

I've followed the discussion about ransomware and the advantage of periodic backups, but I need a solution that is somewhat different.

My son's computer used to run on Linux, and everything was fine, but recently he wanted to switch to Windows, and I bought him a Windows 10 license and wiped the computer and installed Windows.
Apart from browsing the web, watching YouTube, and doing exercises on Khan Academy, he's using his computer for several games: Minecraft and some Steam games.

So, I'd like to somehow take a snapshot of his computer after installing Windows, Chrome, Minecraft (with OptiFine, texture packs, etc), plus Steam and games.
And if his browser or OS become infected with anything, I want to be able to quickly (if possible) restore his PC to that particular state.
Is there a tool that I can use for this?

Thanks.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You might also look at Macrium Reflect (free). I've been using that to take disk images (the snapshot you mention) for years. I particularly like it because you can mount a disk image as a virtual drive in Macrium Reflect and access individual files and folders should you need to. It can be scheduled to take automatic images too thus making the whole process largely foolproof.