I need help!!! - Building a Fusion IV PRO

LucOst

Hi everyone!

I'm building a Fusion IV PRO, I've chosen nearly everything, I just need to figure out which storages to buy.

I can choose between a lot of SSDs, and I have 2 slots to put the SSD (actually I can leave the second slot free).

I knew that if you have an SSD and an HDD you want to have at least a smaller SSD to install the OS and other things that need to start quick and then a big HDD to storage almost anything... I thought that I would do the same with the SSD, picking a smaller one and then a bigger one for storaging purposes, but I'm trying to cut the costs now (I'm already way over the initial budget lol), so I'm wondering if, instead of buying a 128/256 GB SSD for OS/other installation and a 1TB SSD for storage, if I buy only a 1TB storage would it be a good thing, or I'm going to lose a lot in terms of "performances" (it's not a big saving though)?

Another question that I have is:

Since I'm trying to save some money I was thinking about installing windows 10 by myself, with an original license bought for cheaper... When I finish to customizing the pc there is a suggestion from the site that if you buy "their" Windows licence, in case of necessity they can help you better... Is it really a thing or can I buy the laptop without Windows installed and don't worry?

Thanks to everyone who reads until here, love you all.

LucOst

Ops sorry, you're right, would've been smarter to directly post my specs... I'm attaching a screenshot to my reply.

With this configuration I'm spending €1316, which can be fair, but I need to keep it as low as possible, and right now the major saving I can do is by buying it without Windows installed... But I don't know if that's a smart move though...

Thanks for the reply!

Attachments

• Laptop Specs.PNG
    Laptop Specs.PNG
    199 KB · Views: 169

steaky360

@LucOst rather than a screenshot please use the post to forum button and paste in your specs

You'll get better engagement if you do that I think :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ops sorry, you're right, would've been smarter to directly post my specs... I'm attaching a screenshot to my reply.

With this configuration I'm spending €1316, which can be fair, but I need to keep it as low as possible, and right now the major saving I can do is by buying it without Windows installed... But I don't know if that's a smart move though...

Thanks for the reply!
So do you have a windows 10 license you can transfer to it, if not you need to buy it with W10 otherwise it is going to be very expensive paperweight

LucOst

@LucOst rather than a screenshot please use the post to forum button and paste in your specs

You'll get better engagement if you do that I think :)
Uh, sorry I didn't see that, I'm such a newbie with forums and this kind of stuff :(

I will get better, I promise! Ahahah

LucOst

So do you have a windows 10 license you can transfer to it, if not you need to buy it with W10 otherwise it is going to be very expensive paperweight
Yeah that would be actually pretty expensive for a paperweight, even though that would be an excellent one, maybe I could launch a new fashion 😅

I'm planning on buying an original one, never done it but I think that's pretty safe... I just hope that I could still be able to have tech assistance from the PCS staff if (hope not) I have any kind of problem with my laptop... Do you guys know anything about this?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah that would be actually pretty expensive for a paperweight, even though that would be an excellent one, maybe I could launch a new fashion 😅

I'm planning on buying an original one, never done it but I think that's pretty safe... I just hope that I could still be able to have tech assistance from the PCS staff if (hope not) I have any kind of problem with my laptop... Do you guys know anything about this?
If you buy without windows, then PCS won't be able to support any software issues.

You will of course get hardware support as normal depending on which level of cover you choose.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

if you are going to buy an "Original" one you might as well get it from PCS with the laptop, that way you get software support as well

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Do make certain that the copy of Windows you buy is legal. The stupidly cheap offers that you'll see on eBay and the like are illegal. Microsoft do not do cheap deals to the general public. Frankly if it's much cheaper than PCS are selling it then it's likely illegal.

PCS are Microsoft partners, so if you install and use an illegal copy of Windows they won't be able to support you and neither will we on here.

If it looks too good to be true then it probably is.

LucOst

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be smart and screw over PCS, I'm just completely outside this world... I discovered PCS reading on the internet and in the same places I read that you can buy those "multi-licences" of Windows 10 that should be legal and trustworthy.

Now I'm not sure that's correct since I'm no expert at this, but I read it on many different sites and even on the seller's reviews, most of them (90% over hundreds and hundreds of licences sold) are completely satisfied...

Since that would make a great 100 euros saved, that would be amazing if it's possible, but I don't want to do anything illegal or that could ruin my brand new PC.

I will continue to get informed about this, I want to make the right choice... Thank you all for the precious information guys, I'm very grateful for your help.

Now that comes to mind, I have one last question: if I buy the pc without the OS, it will come with a trial version of it installed, am I wrong?

Thanks a lot, guys, really.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
you can buy those "multi-licences" of Windows 10 that should be legal and trustworthy.
These are sold by Microsoft for use in a single business or company, they are not legally allowed to be sold to the general public. The "multi-license" key you buy in this case will work for a time, until Microsoft discover that you're using a volume licensing key illegally. PCS will not be able to offer any software support if you use one of these keys, and neither will we I'm afraid.

Apart from some deals that Microsoft make available to selected educational institutions, and which require you to be a registered student at one of these institutions, the only legal way to acquire a Windows license is to buy it with the PC or to buy a retail copy from Microsoft or one of their registered partners. There are no legal cheap deals.

LucOst

These are sold by Microsoft for use in a single business or company, they are not legally allowed to be sold to the general public. The "multi-license" key you buy in this case will work for a time, until Microsoft discover that you're using a volume licensing key illegally. PCS will not be able to offer any software support if you use one of these keys, and neither will we I'm afraid.

Apart from some deals that Microsoft make available to selected educational institutions, and which require you to be a registered student at one of these institutions, the only legal way to acquire a Windows license is to buy it with the PC or to buy a retail copy from Microsoft or one of their registered partners. There are no legal cheap deals.
Uh ok, I get it. Thank you, it cleared my mind about this.