I think it's a wireless card problem.

bg92

Expert
Help! I think it's a wireless card problem.

Ok so since 2 days ago, I keep on getting disconnected from the internet, and than it connets back after sometime. Usually it stays disconnected for a short period of time of less than 1 minute, but sometimes it's longer.
And my ps3 connection works peerfectly fine when playing online, and it's in the same room as the pc.
Is it a wireless card problem or is it something else?

Edit: This is happening constantly, like every 3 min or so.
This is really annoying...

Last edited:

paul1224

First thing I would suggest is seeing if there are any newer updated drivers for the card just in case this can resolve it.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Wireless is not a very good connection, it especially doesn't seem to work as well for desktops in general. As above, check for updates. Fiddle about with the arials, make them perpendicular to where the signal is coming from but keep them at 90 degrees from each other if that makes any sense. Which card do you have? I would recommend just going for homeplugs but it is your choice.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Go to device manager, go network adapters and right click your card. Then click prorperties. Then choose the driver tab. Then click update driver. The next bit depends on whether you have already downloaded the driver or not. If you have, select browse my computer for the driver and then find the location of the driver. If you haven't downloaded it, just click the first option which is search automatically for updated driver.... It is pretty straight forward.

bg92

Expert
It's still happening :(
btw I know how to remove and install drivers, but thx for trying to help.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I had the same problem with an edimax wireless card. I took the card out and put it in a different slot, then re-install drivers. I remember it got the issue sort it for a while.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Have you tried doing what I said earlier with keeping the aerials perpendicular to each other and then keeping both aerials perpendicular to the direction of the router? (That probably doesn't make sense!). How far away from your router are you? Do you have thick walls or lots of walls between you and the router? My recommendation would be to try and sell the card and then buy some homeplugs but you may not want to do this.

bg92

Expert
I had the same problem with an edimax wireless card. I took the card out and put it in a different slot, then re-install drivers. I remember it got the issue sort it for a while.

This has actually worked :D. I'm so happy now. Thanks +rep