i think something is wrong

L33s2good

Gold Level Poster
i installed world of warcraft and started playing, i was getting 58-90 fps with ultra on, i logged off came back on an hour late i was at 30 fps 25-30 all the time, i have a gtx 880m, this seams low, i cant figure it out, ive had issues with this game for years lol it hates my computers/laptops, its currently 50% downloaded but says its fine to play, one of those play while it downloads games, i installed an addon called ct_mod and im wondering if addons can do things such as half frame rates, any tips to solve this and get this game back up to 60+ fps

edit, it literally wont rise above 30 fps, it stays at 30 constant unless i move then it goes to 28 30
edit: even if i lower graphic settings to low, it still stays at 30 fps...

Last edited:

Jamie0202

Enthusiast
Sounds like either your CPU or GPU is throttling back. How are your temperatures? How is your performance in other games?

L33s2good

Gold Level Poster
errr what software do you use to monitor temps? i agree i think its just holding back, i have the laptop on a coolermaster laptop stand it should be verry cool, i have only installed wow so far so no comparison, why would it throttle back and how do i tell and fix it?

i still have the problems, i just set my nvidea gtx 880m to always be on and when i logged in game i got 100+ fps, i logged on another char and it dropped back to 25-30fps......i cant understand whats happening lol, ive even whitelisted my game in the nvidea gtx options...stumped

core is running at 34 degrees

Last edited:

Jamie0202

Enthusiast
GPU-Z is good for monitoring your GPU.

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility is good for monitoring your CPU.

There are other programs out there but I recommend using these programs as they both have graphs which will show you what was happening when you experienced the performance drop. Look out for things like temperatures and throttling. Check the clock speeds on GPU-Z as they should both have maximum speeds when gaming and only throttle back once you exit the game. This is why it's important to have a log in the form of a graph because temps and clocks will be different when you are back at the desktop making real time information at that point useless. GPU-Z will even tell you a reason for the performance drop. Could you post screenshots of the graphs after experiencing the slow downs? You may need to change the graph duration so the drop in performance isn't missed by the time you take the sreenshot.