i5 3570 heating problems?

Blackdog

Bright Spark
Hey folks.Just finished work and came home to my pc (which has been running on), looked up HW monitor and noticed some really odd variations in my CPU (non k version.) On my AMD chip the cores are pretty uniform in how they heat up however on the intel version the temps are as follows and seem to fluctuate a good deal

core temps.PNG

Is this a thermal paste problem? Presumably if I were to reapply my own I wouldn't void my warranty?

Last edited:

steaky360

I get occasional temp fluctuations depending on what the PC is doing, I agree with Keynes in that looking at the temps I wouldn't say you've got anything to worry about. But if you did reapply thermal paste you wouldn't void your warranty (assuming you did it correctly of course :))

tom_gr7

Life Serving
yeah i think its normal for one core to be hotter than the other cores. my core #2 is always a few c higher. I wouldnt worry.

although, a re paste with some top of the range fresh paste probably wouldn't hurt dude.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Those are pretty cool temps for an i5 aren't they? I just fired up HWMonitor on my i7 and I see around a 7deg difference between the hottest and coolest, my temps are around 10deg C hotter than yours too!

Clipboard01_zps3ffb8ed2.jpg

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The CPU in a laptop should run hotter than a desktop though.
Is this a thermal paste problem? Presumably if I were to reapply my own I wouldn't void my warranty?
I would not worry about your temps but if you are in doubt you could always contact technical support over the phone.