i7 2600K/P8P67 Deluxe - CPU can't idle (under no load) with OC settings

samx300

Enthusiast
Hi guys,

As the title explains, I am unable to get my CPU cores to idle at their base 1.6GHz frequency (Turbo Mode enabled) on my current OC. Obviously, I am talking <1% load scenarios.
CPU-Z (v1.6.3 x64) reports my CPU cores to be constantly running at 4.4GHz. I have not had this problem in the past, and CPU-Z reported the CPU frequency at 1.6GHz when the system was under no load - but non-idling has been an issue since the last few BIOS updates from Asus. My board P8P67 Deluxe (B3 revision) is currently running the latest 3602 BIOS from Asus. I have tried reflashing the BIOS a few times (using the sworn overclockers flash method, clearing the CMOS etc etc) and have also tested few different OC settings - including the PCS recommended OC - but all to no avail. I just can't get the CPU cores to idle at 1.6GHz. I have contacted PCS Support, but they have been unable to assist me.

I am currently using the following OC settings: (courtesy forum member silkysean)
AI Overclock Tuner: Manual
BLCK Freq: 100.00
Turbo Ratio: Enabled (All Cores)
By All Cores: 44
Internal PLL OverVoltage: Enabled
Mem Freq: 1866MHz
EPU Power Saving: Disabled
Load-Line Calibration: High
VRM Freq: Manual Set to 350
Phase Control: Extreme
Duty Contorl: Extreme
CPU Current Capability: 100%
CPU OverVoltage: Offset Mode
CPU Offset: + 0.070
DRAM Voltage: 1.65V
VCCSA Voltage: 1.12500
VCCIO Voltage: 1.18125
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.81250
PCH Voltage: Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
CPU Ratio: Auto
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: Enabled
Intel Virtualization: Disabled
Intel SpeedStep: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
CPU C1E, C3, C6: Enabled
Asus EZ BIOS Mode: Normal

Any assistance from forum members/tech support will be much appreciated. Rest of the system specs can be found in my signature.

Thanks in advance.

samx300

Enthusiast
Thread can be resolved. The settings I was missing were to do with the Power Control Settings in Windows 7. Once I changed the profile to Balanced from High Performance, life was back to normal.