i7-3770 and amount of ram sticks

george682

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

Is it true that with an i7-3770 you have to install ram in banks of 3 ?

I don't understand this.:confused:

george682

Bronze Level Poster
Windows 8 or Windows 7

Hi,

I've noticed that when configuring a desktop pc, pcs have windows 8 selected.

Should I stick with windows 7 64bit sp1 or move on to 8 ?

Rakk

The Awesome
george682, if you keep all your questions to one thread it will be easier, since often questions do start to overlap with each other anyway :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I personally went for Win7 but that was literally on the days when Win8 had just been released and it was getting a lot of bad press still about gaming. Now things have smoothed down a bit and people are actually starting to appreciate Windows 8 and finding it useful for gaming. I'm considering getting the £25 upgrade before it ends (I might be too late already) because I sit far away from my HDTV and feel the Win8 icons on the desktop would suit me a lot more than a Win7 layout. Plus a guy at work has Windows 8 and he said he'd never go back now and he's really enjoying the functionality of it all.

It is personal preference though, the gaming community is still dominated by Windows 7 but that's expected as Win8 is still relatively new and people are still waiting for initial problems to smooth out. Plus there isn't really enough difference to make a jump from 7 to 8 unless you're really keen to always have the latest software.

Watch a few videos, read a few reviews, then you'll know what to expect. If it was me personally with a new build, I'd be going for Windows 8 though. It's all about knowing what to expect though. Once you're in a game you're barely going to be able to tell.

george682

Bronze Level Poster
I personally went for Win7 but that was literally on the days when Win8 had just been released and it was getting a lot of bad press still about gaming. Now things have smoothed down a bit and people are actually starting to appreciate Windows 8 and finding it useful for gaming. I'm considering getting the £25 upgrade before it ends (I might be too late already) because I sit far away from my HDTV and feel the Win8 icons on the desktop would suit me a lot more than a Win7 layout. Plus a guy at work has Windows 8 and he said he'd never go back now and he's really enjoying the functionality of it all.

It is personal preference though, the gaming community is still dominated by Windows 7 but that's expected as Win8 is still relatively new and people are still waiting for initial problems to smooth out. Plus there isn't really enough difference to make a jump from 7 to 8 unless you're really keen to always have the latest software.

Watch a few videos, read a few reviews, then you'll know what to expect. If it was me personally with a new build, I'd be going for Windows 8 though. It's all about knowing what to expect though. Once you're in a game you're barely going to be able to tell.

Hi Grimezy,

Great reply, you have moved me closer to 8:yes: