Iconico RTX 3070 Awful Performance

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
Theres a difference between being fustrated and annoyed, and accusing someone who is spending their own free time (and significant amounts of it, over several days) if being rude or snobbish or condensending, when all theyve done is give factual step by steps and ask questions to try and work out whats going on as they arent there themselves to be able to see.

Spyder did not deserve to be accused of such things, especially when most of it (if not all of it) is in the other persons head and their own interpretation of written text. The reader -nearly always- implies their own tone in such communication.

And no, they wont close it, they dont unless it turns nasty. If anything they are very open on these forums.
Doesnt mean that the OP actually deserves their help when thats the way they get responded to. They dont work for PCS, they dont get paid to be here, they are volunteers with absolutely no obligation.

He then goes round tagging any critical comment of him with laughter emojis. Most places run by unpaid volunteers would tell him where to go by that point... he should think himself lucky.
Awk man. Really? You having a problem with laughing emojis. For real...? I think we should all chill out a little, myself included.

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
I’m just frustrated. If the problem is in the BIOS, then I’m sorry but I really do not have the skills to solve this. I’ve not messed with it, so then the issue was there when it was sent to me by PCS.

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
I understand his frustration. Imagine spending nearly £2k... lot of money.

Keep it open - It would good to see how this is resolved to the end so that others can learn.
£2,100 to be exact... with fast tracked express build. The irony...

kshina

It makes no difference whether he spent £20, £2000 or £20,000, PCS treat everyone the same.

The reason for this long thread is that it's absolutely essential to eliminate software as the cause of one's problems before thinking that it's hardware and involving PCS. In addition, PCS do not support anything that was installed by the user and in the case of a system bought with no-OS that would likely include the operating system.

We have been working with the user in this thread to ensure that a complete and reliable copy of Windows and drivers were installed before it was possible to be confident that the performance issues were real and not caused by bad software or drivers. Now that we are at the stage where it looks like the user does have a complete and reliable operating system and he still has issues, then a return to PCS is the next step.

Your implied suggestion (and especially your use of bold text) that we would close or delete a thread because it reflected badly on PCS is frankly offensive. I see that you joined the forum less than a week ago, I would advise you therefore to spend some time on here finding out how these fora are managed before making statements like this.

You are reading me incorrectly.
I wasn't implying that it would be closed because it may reflect badly on PCS.

Anyway..let see how it gets resolved and leave at it that.

I joined because I need a laptop and this site seemed to have received good feedback

I think its great that there are people here who are willing to help out of their own time.(Unlike other custom build forums) and reassuring If i decide to go ahead. :)

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
So I called PCS to see if I could get an update on my RMA, and it turns out it hadn’t even been approved yet. So it won’t be collected until tomorrow now... Seriously, these things are all really testing my patience.

Macco26

Expert
@barlew
I don't know man. I did on mine what the SI tells me to do and worked very well. If PCS is silent, I'm following what the other SI are saying for the same model.
My explanation might be:
Nvdia Optimus is a different beast, plus the Tongfang Control Center manages some of the NVIDIA settings too (see TGP, Dynamic Boost, all available at the Control Center).
This is not a desktop. Probably Tongfang customizes a bit the interconnection between the Control Center and the Nvidia driver in their first package. Then you can overwrite it with newer nvidia version, but those bunches of dll, registry keys etc. will remain, don't know.

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
Well after a long wait my laptop was finally looked at and worked on by a PCS technician. Here is the fault report. It was a faulty GPU/motherboard.

“ We received your system and were able to replicate the problem you had been experiencing.

Initial testing showed the motherboard had developed a fault with the GPU and has since been replaced, resolving the issue for you.

To further rule out any hardware or software faults, the system was placed on an overnight stress test. The system has passed these tests with no further faults replicated.

As we have had no further issues with the system and it has been cleared by a second technician’s quality control checks, the system will be released back to you.

Thank you for your patience through-out the course of this RMA.

We're very sorry that your computer had to be returned to us. We hope you have no further problems. “

barlew

Godlike
Well after a long wait my laptop was finally looked at and worked on by a PCS technician. Here is the fault report. It was a faulty GPU/motherboard.

“ We received your system and were able to replicate the problem you had been experiencing.

Initial testing showed the motherboard had developed a fault with the GPU and has since been replaced, resolving the issue for you.

To further rule out any hardware or software faults, the system was placed on an overnight stress test. The system has passed these tests with no further faults replicated.

As we have had no further issues with the system and it has been cleared by a second technician’s quality control checks, the system will be released back to you.

Thank you for your patience through-out the course of this RMA.

We're very sorry that your computer had to be returned to us. We hope you have no further problems. “
Excellent news it's finally fixed. Hopefully you will have no further issues.