Image Deblurring

JohnMalcolm1970

Pity it seems to be a bit vapourware-like. A lot of people were expecting to see this in CS6. It isn't in the public beta anyway and I haven't seen anything else about it since this video was first aired.... other than this disappointing admission: http://www.dpreview.com/news/2011/10/18/adobeclarifies

I'm fairly undecided about CS6 at the moment. I tend to use Painter 12 for most of my illustration needs. Photoshop I keep for doing basic cropping, tweaking, and it's superior transformation tools. £190 to upgrade seems a bit much at the moment, but I do love new toys and my willpower will probably crumble when my next freelance cheque arrives.

Buzz

Master
I think photoshop is amazing piece of software. Truly top class but I also do feel that there are a lot of other really great pieces of software that do as good a job if not better in certain areas then PS. Iv not tried PS cs6 yet but have CS5 which I love.

I think to get the best results if can afford it is use a little of each different prog rather then just sticking to one.

JohnMalcolm1970

Yeah.... thay all have their strengths and weaknesses and the ones I own and use seem to play well enough with each other :) Photoshop CS5, Painter 12 and ArtRage Studio Pro all handle PSDs rather well now, so it's easy to bounce files around between them as needed.

Pete

Bright Spark
i'm running CS5.5 in work but use GIMP at home. that video is pretty amazing but i think we'll also see this sort of image correction within compact cameras in a few years, some cameras already take multiple frames and show/save the best, not to mention things like image stabilization. It's getting pretty hard to take a bad photograph.