Image upload broken on site

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Trying to upload an image, and instead of the normal uploader it asks for a URL, then when I paste the dropbox link in it says it can't be parsed

Rakk

The Awesome
Testing

20220122_123754.jpg

Seemed to work for me that time :) - at least from an actual file on my PC - using Chrome
Yes its Bob the Minion - in Lego :)

Last edited:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Only offering URL option for me too (on MacOS Venture 13.2)...and drag & drop doesn't work either.

Have checked all the browsers I have on the Mac:
  • Safari (v16.3)
  • Microsoft Edge (v109.0.1518.78) - same
  • Brave (v1.47.186) - same
  • Firefox (v109.0.1) - same
  • Opera (v95.0.4635.25) - same
  • Waterfox (vG5.1.2) - same
  • TorBroswer (v12.0.2) - same
...now for Windows 11...please hold the line...
Sorry, haven't got anything else on the W11 PC...and I'm not going to try via the work laptop/VPN.

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
Tribble1.png

Edge - hmmmm (my two checks are both on Win10)
How are you guys trying to upload btw?

Am wondering if thats the issue, or possibly I just have more permissions than you guys :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Weird, it's still showing for me. Try CTRL-F5 to see if that helps.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Back for me too! (didn't do Ctrl-F5, just closed and re-opened the page.

Same on the other browsers...so obviously just a glitch in the matrix.

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
I'll try edge but wont stoop that low (chrome), waterfox is default on Berserker and laptop, firefox mobile on phone
Waterfox ???

Only offering URL option for me too (on MacOS Venture 13.2)...and drag & drop doesn't work either.

Have checked all the browsers I have on the Mac:
  • Safari (v16.3)
  • Brave (v1.47.186) - same
  • Firefox (v109.0.1) - same
  • Opera (v95.0.4635.25) - same
  • Waterfox (vG5.1.2) - same
  • TorBroswer (v12.0.2) - same

I've heard of all the others, but not that one.
I've got Edge, obviously. Chrome because I need it for one partiular task, and Firefox as my default go-to for everything else.
I tried Safari and Opera, but preferred Firefox. And if I don't use it, it's removed.
I was a Netscape user and then Firefox/Thunderbird, or Mozillas SeaMonkey suite.

So why Waterfox ??? Any connection to Firefox?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
"Waterfox is a popular open source web browser."
So is Firefox.
I'm more after your reasons for having it :)
Sorry, did intend to add more to my response, but went into a conference call.

It's simply because some websites work better on different browsers, even when they have the same basic source code...and some browsers I have completely locked down.

It's like having different writing instruments for different jobs...they'll all 'work' as writing implements, but I wouldn't use a fountain pen when I'm trying to write on glass (chalk or acrylic pen for that).

It just means I can open a specific browser that I know will work (or is configured by me) to work on a specific sub-set of websites without it either breaking the website formatting or some functionality. Much easier than re-configuring blockers/extensions on a page-by-page basis and then them still not quite working as well (for example, one government website just will not work in Safari as it somehow renders the cookie notice behind the page content, which means you can't click/close it to continue...and the website won't complete loading until the cookie box is closed).

There's only really one browser that I won't even consider anymore (Google Chrome), due to past issues with 'malware-like' hidden extensions/kernel-extensions/launch agents/launch daemons/auto-updaters/auto-reinstallers.

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Sorry, did intend to add more to my response, but went into a conference call.

It's simply because some websites work better on different browsers, even when they have the same basic source code...and some browsers I have completely locked down.
No, No! No need to apologise. Work is a nuisance, it really takes up drinking/gaming/other leasure pursuits, time. But to have the wherewithal for leasure, work has to be done.

I get the 'some websites work better...'.
I have Chrome purely for NHS Scotland video conferencing. Their software will only work with Chrome.
Any other sites that don't like Firefox, I use Edge, reluctantly. But that's everything covered.