Important(to me) Questionnaire

Kalisnoir

Super Star
There ya go, I am sure you will find my answers very interesting

Ahh, someone who also appreciates how **** a lot of hit detection boxes are. Long answer short, there are games with good hit detection, but it is difficult to get what seems like that.

Long answer; unfortunately when it comes to hit boxes you have to compromise because of limited memory, hence why hit boxes are boxes, it utilizes to much memory to incorporate skin like hit detection. Consoles have a lot to blame for most of games problems and setbacks because there hardware is just too dated, and pretty much most games are ported from a console (Skyrim and DirextX 9 & limited to 2GB Memory anyone?)

Consoles are a joke, but they are the reason for a crazy influx of gamers the past 6 years and thus is good for the industry and i'm not going to deny I have spent my fair share of game time on them, but purely because I don't really have any real life friends who are PC gamers.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
Ahh, someone who also appreciates how **** a lot of hit detection boxes are. Long answer short, there are games with good hit detection, but it is difficult to get what seems like that.

Long answer; unfortunately when it comes to hit boxes you have to compromise because of limited memory, hence why hit boxes are boxes, it utilizes to much memory to incorporate skin like hit detection. Consoles have a lot to blame for most of games problems and setbacks because there hardware is just too dated, and pretty much most games are ported from a console (Skyrim and DirextX 9 & limited to 2GB Memory anyone?)

Consoles are a joke, but they are the reason for a crazy influx of gamers the past 6 years and thus is good for the industry and i'm not going to deny I have spent my fair share of game time on them, but purely because I don't really have any real life friends who are PC gamers.

ah OK, I tried to keep it relevant to the game's design without bringing lag into it.

Well that's the main problem with a game I play called MAG, it's on the PS3 (very limited memory) and they even had to remove stuff like facewraps because of memory limitations so I guess that's what it is to do with.

That's the other thing, games come out looking better than when the first games came out but it's still on the same hardware, my PC loads up faster and gets into a game sometimes quicker than how long it takes for me to get into a game on thePS3 (whilst the PS3 is on).

I guessed they didn't need to release new consoles because of the way they can adapt to new technology and implement it (sony implemented motion constols and 3d gaming therefore increasing the lifespan on the console) but now that I see how hardware gets and feels dated, especially compared to everchanging PC gaming market I now see the need for new consoles.

As you said, consoles are a joke! now that I have a gaming PC I see that, consoles are fun but...nothing compared to PCs :p

MeveM

Bright Spark
Done. Would've been nice to have a question to why the realistic graphics are/aren't important. I don't find it important at all since games with "realistic" graphics do not age well.
Been threads after threads about this with SWTOR, and take Age of Conan for example, the graphics used to be great, now WoW and SWTOR both with cartoony graphics look better. Point being, realistic graphics look great on release, but it doesn't age well at all.