In build - chosen for 1440p ultra gaming and streaming.

Virtualoso

Hi all,

New to the forums, however thought I'd see if I can get some responses/opinions to this build that I have selected for 1440p ultra gaming and streaming.

CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR iCUE 220T RGB AIRFLOW MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPUOverclocked Intel® Core™ i9-10900K 10 Core (3.7GHz @ up to 5.2GHz)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Overclocked Intel® Core™ i7-10700K Eight Core (3.8GHz @ up to 5.0GHz)
MotherboardASUS® PRIME Z490-P (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO Wi-Fi (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX/SLI) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive1TB Samsung 860 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE
1st M.2 SSD DriveNONE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster® Audigy Rx
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired NetworkingWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Capture/Streaming CardsElgato Game Capture 4K60 PRO MK.2 - PCIe Card
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusBullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Keyboard & MouseNONE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Cherry MX RGB Speed
Streaming AccessoriesNONE
Cable Management3 x PCS 1.5M Zip Cable Tidy - Professional Cable Management
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Unfortunately, I had to drop the i9 10900k for stock reasons (did not fancy waiting another month for the CPU to be in stock).

Lemme know watcha think! FYI - the build URL config is not working for me.

-Virtualoso

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I really wouldn’t settle for a 1440p screen, it’s going to be wasted on that build, if you are settled on that build (personally I would still cancel it) then at least upgrade the monitor orherwise it’s a significant waste.

Virtualoso

Thanks Nursemorph - a part of me wishes I went for the AMD equivalent as the marginal gains intel offers in comparison to the loss of productivity you get from not having an AMD is just, well let’s not open that can of worms!

The 2080ti was a partially a decision of future proofing and the inner child in me wanting an overkill GPU as to not worry about FPS/settings etc.

Virtualoso

I really wouldn’t settle for a 1440p screen, it’s going to be wasted on that build, if you are settled on that build (personally I would still cancel it) then at least upgrade the monitor orherwise it’s a significant waste.

My intention is to upgrade to a 4K display once I can find one that’s somewhat reasonable in price with a 144hz refresh rate.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would bump up the warranty and I definitely wouldn't go with the 220T. That's a whole lotta HOT hardware to have in a tiny tiny box like that.