In building - woot! Now to buy some (more) games...

BennyBoyP

Bronze Level Poster
Hey all.

Really pleased with the progress of this order. 10th working day and am in building. I have made some spec changes to my order since my earlier post, so here is the up-to-date one in all its glory:

COOLERMASTER CM690 MKII ADVANCED CASE
Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.80GHz)
ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX™
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
20GB INTEL® SSD 311 SERIES - CACHE DRIVE FOR SYSTEM / 1st HDD
2 x 750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm) Raid 0 setup
10x LG BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
CORSAIR 1050W PRO SERIES™ HX1050-80 PLUS® SILVER MODULAR (will be upgrading to dual GTX 580's in SLi in the not too distant future)
COOLIT ECO II A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER)
ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Blaster® Audigy™ SE
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
IIYAMA E2773HDS 27" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD1920x1080
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) - would advise everyone to get this as a minimum!!!

Have already bought Metro 2033, Crysis 2 and Dead Space 2 to see what this beast can do. Also have Skyrim on pre-order. Any other suggestions for graphically challenging games?

Will post pics and vid when I get this delivered.

Cheers,

Bennyboy.

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
Pre-order BF3 of course, nice rig, similar to mine that is being build, only difference is I am using a Caviar Green 3TB second HDD :)

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
Maybe pre-order MW3 too :)

I have just pre-ordered that and BF3 and also bought a Razer Mamba + Razer Mouse Pad :D

Expensive :(

BennyBoyP

Bronze Level Poster
Maybe pre-order MW3 too :)

I have just pre-ordered that and BF3 and also bought a Razer Mamba + Razer Mouse Pad :D

Expensive :(

Lol, I know what you mean. I was looking at those badboys but couldn't bring myself to get them. Think I'll get a 13 button mouse from Logitech next. SWTOR's only round the corner...

BennyBoyP

Bronze Level Poster
Holy cr*p! Am now in Quality Control. If all goes well I might have this before the weekend! Fingers, toes and anything else crossable crossed ;)

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
Mine is getting here Thursday morning, hopefully setting it up doesn't take too long, I want to have a go on it before I go to work which is 2PM :)

My mouse+pad is here tomorrow morning though :D

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
isnt RAID 0 the one that if one drive breaks, you lose all files, im just concerned, ive never liked the idea of RAID and with a SSD cache that just makes it weird

BennyBoyP

Bronze Level Poster
ß ñòàëêèâàëàñü ñ àêòèâíûì îñóæäåíèåì òàòóèðîâîê è ïèðñèíãà â îñíîâíîì òîëüêî â Ðîññèè. È åñëè â Ìîñêâå ýòî áîëåå ìåíåå ðàñïðîñòðàíåíî, òî â ïðîâèíöèè çíàþ ñëó÷àè, êîãäà çà ýòî ÷åëîâåêà ïðîñòî áèëè.
Ïî÷åìó-òî äî ñèõ ïîð æèâû ñòåðåîòèïû, ÷òî òàòóøêè ýòî ñâÿçàíî èñêëþ÷èòåëüíî ñ òþðüìîé, à ïèðñèíã óäåë ïàíêîâ è íàðêîìàíîâ Èç-çà òàòóøêè èëè ïðîêîëîòîãî íîñà ìîãóò ñïîêîéíî îòêàçàòü â ðàáîòå. Ïîíÿòíî, ÷òî "ðàçðèñîâàííûé" ñ ãîëîâû äî ïÿò àäâîêàò, âîçìîæíî íå ñìîæåò äîáèòüñÿ ñåðü¸çíîãî îòíîøåíèÿ ê ñåáå... íî åñëè ýòî 1-2 íåáîëüøèõ èåðîãëèôà?  äðóãèõ ñòðàíàõ íà òåáÿ íå áóäóò ïîêàçûâàòü ïàëüöåì (ïðîâåðåíî íà ñåáå), à ó íàñ áóäóò (åù¸ è îòðóãàþò).
Êàê Âû îòíîñèòåñü ê òàêèì ëþäÿì? È åñëè âäðóã Âàøè ìóæ/æåíà/äåòè/ðîäèòåëè/äðóçüÿ ñäåëàþò òàòóøêè èëè ïèðñèíã - èçìåíèòüñÿ ëè Âàøå ê íèì îòíîøåíèå?

çû: Ïðîëèñòàëà âåñü ðàçäåë è âîñïîëüçîâàëàñü ïîèñêîì - òàêîé òåìû íå íàøëà

Good point

isnt RAID 0 the one that if one drive breaks, you lose all files, im just concerned, ive never liked the idea of RAID and with a SSD cache that just makes it weird

Yeah, if one drive breaks you lose your data. But then again, if you only have one drive and that breaks you still lose all your data. It double the slim chance that you get HDD fail, but that's what my 3Tb backup station is for.

The SSD is really to help with bootup speeds and games and stuff. The Raid 0 setup is to speed up video editing (something that the cache won't really help with as it speeds up frequently used data), which is something I want to get into.

Am now awaiting dispatch. Tomorrow could be the day I get to bring home the beast!

BennyBoyP

Bronze Level Poster
Still awaiting dispatch...

Come on guys, whack it in a big box, shove it in a van and get on the road ;)

I'll post review and pics at the weekend (as long as I have it, of course).

Cheers.