In Game - Without input from keyboard, character will continue to move in one direction and input will seize.

Adam_

Hi, I just wanted some advice on how to stop this from happening. I recently bought a PC from you guys. I've attached my specs and a link of the website i purchased it from to give you an idea of my confusion. When I booted up the system, it switched on fine, setup went without a hitch, i installed the drivers on Geforce experience. However, i may add my monitors are a slight bottleneck towards the computer im running but i will be upgrading the monitors to best suit.

Now, when loading certain games, they load as expected, no indication somethings wrong, but when i load into a game it instantly starts to go wrong. my character will begin to walk or run in one direction for about 15 seconds, and when i try to pause the game or atleast change direction it wont let me. I thought it was the graphic settings that might be doing this or the graphic settings that geforce experience set but the same thing happens. this doesnt happen on all games ive played since booting up the system. Overall I'm very pleased with how the system is running but it does get unplayable on the bigger titles such as Call Of Duty Cold War or Rust.

I am totally prepared to do a full system reset if i may of accidently deleted something or changed something that i shouldnt have.

Link to website: https://www.currys.co.uk/products/p...intel-core-i7-rtx-3070-1-tb-ssd-10236926.html

image_2023-01-07_181934990.png
image_2023-01-07_182104694.png
image_2023-01-07_181934990.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's likely your monitor or keyboard, perhaps a stuck key or broken mouse sensor.

Try running the game without either connected, see if it still happens.

Adam_

It's likely your monitor or keyboard, perhaps a stuck key or broken mouse sensor.

Try running the game without either connected, see if it still happens.
Thanks for the fast reply, it wont happen by itself it happen when i start to move but then try to strafe or crouch it continues to run in one direction. ive troubleshooted with the two keyboards i have to hand and also two mouses each from different brands but the problem seems to persist. ive tried to check for any sneaky macros but none have popped up. I'm now led to believe it might be my monitor. the monitor is ran through HDMI. also its 60hz. and i have tried to set the fps limit to the refresh rate but problem continues

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for the fast reply, it wont happen by itself it happen when i start to move but then try to strafe or crouch it continues to run in one direction. ive troubleshooted with the two keyboards i have to hand and also two mouses each from different brands but the problem seems to persist. ive tried to check for any sneaky macros but none have popped up
Check if sticky keys is enabled.

Adam_

okay, update: I have failed to realise that when switching to a different keyboard it seems to fix but the game that im trying to play is sometimes choppy even when set to the lowest graphic settings.