In my original order, I decided to upgrade the graphics card from 3060 to 4090. any good?

erks

CaseCORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: GIGABYTE B550 GAMING X V2 (AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0)
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 - HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive512GB SOLIDIGM P41+ GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR, 1625MB/sW)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 7000MB/sR, 6500MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMe SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ - MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)
Processor CoolingPCS FrostFlow 240 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler (AMD)
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account

I dont know much about PC's but my cousin told me he has 4090 so i decided to change it to that. let me know what you guys think

Solteki

Hey erks, the 4090 is THE best graphics card out right now, but that means you need great components to go with it, if you really want the 4090, upgrade your CPU, id reccomend the AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, OR, if you dont need THE BEST gpu, just downgrade to the 4070 gpu, thats the option i would go form (you can still run absolutely everything really well)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm not sure what @Solteki is referring to, we have no idea what the PC is for, or what it's driving so no one could tell you if it was a good idea or not at this time and certainly not be able to advise on processor.

Please go through the following and update.

Last edited:

erks

I'm not sure what @Solteki is referring to, we have no idea what the PC is for, or what it's driving so no one could tell you if it was a good idea or not at this time and certainly not be able to advise on processor.

Please go through the following and update.

This is for gaming and pcvr gaming

erks

Also I have a

Samsung LU32R590CWPXXU 32" Curved 4K Monitor - Ultra HD 3840 x 2160, 1500R, HDMI, Displayport​

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Also I have a

Samsung LU32R590CWPXXU 32" Curved 4K Monitor - Ultra HD 3840 x 2160, 1500R, HDMI, Displayport​

That's not a gaming monitor, will be dreadful for gaming, you'd need to replace that.

A suitable gaming monitor will cost around £1000 upwards for something half decent for the 4090.

You haven’t said which headset you’re using?

And are you upgrading an old order or placing a new one as you’ve got an old generation platform?

Last edited:

erks

That's not a gaming monitor, will be dreadful for gaming, you'd need to replace that.

A suitable gaming monitor will cost around £1000 upwards for something half decent for the 4090.

You haven’t said which headset you’re using?

And are you upgrading an old order or placing a new one as you’ve got an old generation platform?
i have a quest 3, this is a new pc. I have never purchased a pc before. Is it better to downgrade to something lower graphics?

erks

Urm, sorry, bit confused, firstly it's a new pc and then it's an upgrade???

Please don't post loads of separate posts, just edit an existing one if you need to add something.
i thought you meant the order. No its a new PC i do not own any pc. I changed the order and upgraded the graphics card. right now i dont have budget to spend on a £1000 monitor. Is it better to downgrade the graphics card? also i cannot find the cpu that the other member mentioned on the list, this is what i can see.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 09.44.57.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 09.44.57.png
    856.4 KB · Views: 31

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i thought you meant the order. No its a new PC i do not own any pc. I changed the order and upgraded the graphics card. right now i dont have budget to spend on a £1000 monitor. Is it better to downgrade the graphics card? also i cannot find the cpu that the other member mentioned on the list, this is what i can see.
No, you need to cancel the order entirely, it’s on an outdated dead platform, a modern platform will give better performance at equivalent cost.

Cancel it and come back with a the questions answered and we can advise.

But that system is cpu limited anyway, so you’d never get full graphics performance. Plus you can’t upgrade it because the platform is no longer supported.

Solteki

i have a quest 3, this is a new pc. I have never purchased a pc before. Is it better to downgrade to something lower graphics?
look dude idk why everyone is tryna overcomplicate things, if this is entirely for gaming then if you want the best graphics the 4090 is the best but youl need a better CPU like i stated before, or you could downgrade to a 4070 and everything would be fine, if youre looking for a gaming monitor id recommend 1440p for the 40 series cards, and just as high framerate as you can afford honestly, no need to overcomplicate everything, buy the best for the best pc, or downgrade slightly, thats it

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
look dude idk why everyone is tryna overcomplicate things, if this is entirely for gaming then if you want the best graphics the 4090 is the best but youl need a better CPU like i stated before, or you could downgrade to a 4070 and everything would be fine, if youre looking for a gaming monitor id recommend 1440p for the 40 series cards, and just as high framerate as you can afford honestly, no need to overcomplicate everything, buy the best shit for the best pc, or downgrade slightly, thats it
I'm sorry, this is wholly incorrect and really poor advice from someone who has no understanding of framerate vs Hz or CPU architectures

The guy has stated he's running a 4k 60Hz screen, so there's absolutely no point in the 4090 as it's bottlenecked by the screen.

Similarly about the CPU, from what it appeared, the user already had this system and so the 7000 series weren't compatible anyway. But at 4k you're GPU bound, so the difference between a 7950x3d and a 7800x3d would be absolutely zero, the 7950x3d would be an absolute waste of money. Then you need the additional cooling to manage it plus case etc etc etc Plus you have to have the technical knowledge of how to manage CCD's with the windows scheduler with the 7950x3d or gaming performance tanks whenever it hits the non x3d CCD.

By your advice the OP would have wasted a good £1,5k for zero gain. And had worse performance for it. It's like the OP saying they only drink 1 pint of milk a week and you telling them to buy 4 even though by the time they need them, the others will have gone off, it's just throwing money down the drain.

If you don't understand hardware, please don't give bad advice, it's better not to say anything than lead someone down a path of wasting money unnecessarily. You're welcome on the forum if you want to learn about the realities of designing a balanced system, but poor advice isn't tolerated.

Last edited: