IN-Win dragon rider case Query

jastow

Bronze Level Poster
On the in-win DR case there is a huge 22cm fan on the side, is this an exhaust fan or an intake fan, as I have ordered it along with my spec , I have heard that it is not always compatible with most psu's, so thinking of ordering 4 12cm fans to replace.

so is it exhaust or intake??#

thanks

Teaz

Godlike
intake. nearly all or all optional spare fan slots are intake. it can be turned into exhuast but not really recommended as the fan slots that are there as intake has filters which means to be treated as intake but where there isnt a filter its exhuast. now if you turned an intake slot that has a filter into exhuast it will sort of restrict the airflow and the trapped heat wont be exhuasted out effectively. you can try remove the filter but move filters i know currently are perm unless there is an option to remove them. any place that has a removeable dust filter should allow either intake or exhuast but its really more intake.

jastow

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks do you have any ideas wether or not I would be able to fit 4 fans in the with the titan fennir evo in there, not received my pc yet it still in pre production, but just wondering if the psu would restrict them ??

Teaz

Godlike
im not entirely sure but you need to call pc and ask or do some research and check. if you cant fit 4, you can fit 2 120mm fans or 3 depending.

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
ive just recieved my own dragon rider black case and ive had to get the A.L.C so i can have the side fan fitted, from the looks of it you should easily be able to fit 4 smaller fans in maybe even 5 depending which bit the Fenrir is actually blocking

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i'd wait till ya get the pc, before deciding what fans to buy. then you can see how much space ya have free.

It might be worth looking into getting 140mm fans, (but ones that fit 120mm fittings)