Incorrect Power Cord received with RM850x (UK vs EU cord)

It would imagine it would just be fine just to change the power cord. As its just a kettle lead essentially.

I'm sure someone on here will confirm

Make sure you contact PCS tho to get you to send you out the correct one.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You could even cut the UK plug off and fit an EU one. I've done that several times....

Bhuna50

Author Level
What did you select in the power cord section of the configuration:
1611752354464.png

If you have selected European, then go into your RMA section and create an RMA for it and in the commentary put that the incorrect lead was supplied saying it was UK one supplied but Euro one required.

I expect that they will arrange to send you a new correct lead out then (and should be for no charge) and no need to return the UK lead.

If you accidentally left it defaulted to the UK lead then give them a call or email and ask if they wouldnt mind sending you one out and offer to cover the postage costs (although they might be generous and send one anyway).

Bhuna50

Author Level
I asked for the European one:

View attachment 21690
Then go through to the RMA process and select the lead as the item to be returned - in the commentary put that the UK lead was supplied and therefore you need a European one.

The RMA will probably just get approved and a new one sent out then and due to the cost of the item the old one probably wont need returning.

SodaO

While you wait for your RMA, just use the lead from a kettle. Or, if you don't want to do the whole RMA thing, just replace the end as UBUYSA mentions. A kettle cord will be designed for up to 3 kilowatts so easily enough to handle the power draw of your PSU.